4/3 recommendations

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
‘I’ve always felt that if you’re going to have 3mm arms you might as well have 4mm torso.

you can cool down by doing a little flush if needed.
I deviated from this twice and agree the thicker torso makes way more sense for Kento. One winter with a mild start and serious middle, a shitty Xcel backzip when it became clear it was going to get cold and the 2mm comp wasn't going to cut it, but winter was halfway done. One time I got a really nice all 3mm Hurley. It was definitely a little warmer and came into its own under 55 and got me through some colder than normal winters. Neither one really worth it vs a 3/2 though.

See a lot of the Feral suits up here in SF. It's becoming camouflage for transplants of slightly below average ability -- that and a Danny Hess board. Guys with that combo are trying so hard to be local that they might as well be wearing a sign that says tech bro.

Anyway, asked a guy in the water about it, and it said it was comfy but not too warm.
So it's basically, don't worry about all the Orange County sh!t if you're a tourist; you're a tourist, just be one without trying to be a donkey on purpose, because if you ape the look too much, you'll stand out because nobody from the 90s knows you anyway??

Stare Francisco, Stare-a Cruz, Stare-a Lucia Mountains, Big Stare...The locals are like the door gunner in Full Metal Jacket.

"Anyone with an Orange County board and wetsuit is a VC. Anyone with a Hess/Stoneman and Hotline/Buell is a well-trained VC."

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'll be chasing fish in my wetty, so if you see any tall glasses of water in the water, feel free to assert your higher altitude dominance.

Did I break any forum rules?
1. Use of word wetty
2. Promoted not just music, but electronic music, that happens to be published on a social media platform.
3. Openly admitted you don't surf, although half the forum low key breaks this rule
4. Most importantly, you did not post a picture of your mammary glands.

Dec 1, 2020
1. Interesting. I learned that word in this very forum.
2. Fair enough, I've removed the link. Folks can feel free to edit their quotations if they'd like.
3. Yeah, I tried once back when I was in college in San Diego. I don't think the board was big enough. I think I'd love it. I just don't live close enough to the water anymore to commit to trying to learn now.
4. I'll need a lobster dinner first, big boy.

Nov 17, 2007
I recently bought two new suits. Always been a back zip kinda guy and hated chest zips. For whatever reason I opted for the rip curl zip free suits. I got an E7 3/2 and E6 4/3... I highly recommend either one... they’re super flexible and not even that hard to get on and off. Just watch a video on the technique to do it properly. For the record I’m 6’3 and 210 ... so yes the bigger people can get these on and off hah

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
1. Interesting. I learned that word in this very forum.
2. Fair enough, I've removed the link. Folks can feel free to edit their quotations if they'd like.
3. Yeah, I tried once back when I was in college in San Diego. I don't think the board was big enough. I think I'd love it. I just don't live close enough to the water anymore to commit to trying to learn now.
4. I'll need a lobster dinner first, big boy.
1. Probably from somebody else who didn't show t!ts.
2. No, that would reduce the grounds for roasting, and it's coffee time.
3. Yeah if you can put on a wetsuit and go obtain fish, you could surf on the readily available beginner boards these days. After we see the milkers.
4. I just searched Google Images for "Jenny Useldinger topless" and now I don't care about your jubblies.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc