4/3 recommendations

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
I really like my 3.5/3mm hooded for OBSF. Do not like my Need 4/3 with hood. 4 surfs in and it feels really restivtice compared to the feral, might sell and get a hyperfreak
Is your Needs the one with the liquid seam tape on the outside? Mine is not and seems fine, but it is not as flexible as my Matuses.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Is your Needs the one with the liquid seam tape on the outside? Mine is not and seems fine, but it is not as flexible as my Matuses.
Yeah I've got the one with the liquid seam tape on the outside. I think its the hood attachment is whats annoying me. I can feel the taped seam on the inside right by the bottom of my shoulder blades and feels weird

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
@need 4 speed used to get ferals. did he ever say why he's going w/ cyber now?
I've been wearing my 4.3 Feral last 3 sessions(water was mid 50) 3 seasons and still in good condition no leakage and warm. Cyber offered up some custom options i wanted for about a $200 upcharge from my Feral(s) plus true Japanese rubber and construction (treating myself, at my age, could go any day)Tightened up the neck and added o-ring to eliminate flush. Feral are very good wetsuits and I recommend

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
ordered a feral today. we'll see how she goes
3/2 or 4/3? I bet you’ll like it. I thought it felt great. Was really tempted to keep it but just a 1/2“ too short in the torso. The feral guy said it could stretch out enough after a few wears, but they totally understood me not wanting to risk it. Saw a couple new ones in the lineup this week. Both guys said they loved them.
Im stocked on the Isurus I kept tho. Zipperless 3mil is most comfortable suit I’ve ever worn. The fit is perfect for me. The cut is fantastic too- especially the way the arms/shoulders are positioned up. The dense Yamamotz rubber doesn’t absorb much water so dries much quicker than other suits I’ve had.

Reactions: ReForest

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I got the 4/3. If it doesn't fit right it's going back and will be replaced with a hyperfreak

my needs was a bit tight out of the box but what I learned from boz, thats ok. After 5 or 6 sessions in the needs it fits amazing and is quite a bit more flexible.

I'm assuming the feral to be more of a premium quality needs suit.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I got the 4/3. If it doesn't fit right it's going back and will be replaced with a hyperfreak

my needs was a bit tight out of the box but what I learned from boz, thats ok. After 5 or 6 sessions in the needs it fits amazing and is quite a bit more flexible.

I'll have to give mine a bit more more of a chance. Maybe I was just grumpy bc the paddle out at OBSF was particularly annoying that day :ROFLMAO:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I think the 4/3 will be nice n toasty for dawn patrols. The yamasamurai rubber certainly has a different feel to others I've had. It's not stretchy in the same way as say e-bomb or tehcnobubbulah, but it is really flexible in the water- almost like a second skin. I love it, so far. Now that I've gotten a taste, I don't know if I'd go back to other rubber.

Reactions: jkb