4/3 recommendations

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
The other thing in midpoint of mind (not back not front but kinda there) is shark factor.
I have a 4/3 Narval Dion Agius (and 3/2). A shark will think to themselves "I don't like the look of that stripey arm" and leave me alone.

A couple of years ago the Shark Shield product was starting to gain some market traction in Vic - battery in tailpad and electrode sticker along the stringer on the underneath of the board. I spoke to a couple of users of these and both said they do get accidentally shocked when grappling with the board during heavy duckdives and wipeouts.. I haven't seen anyone use one for a while.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
got a free oakley 4/3... also a 3/2 and 5/4
on the inside theres an excel tag
insides like this
i find it in their 2015 suits, hoping they used it a few years after. the ad for it on youtube is sort of funny ...

they call it a performance enhancing wetsuit ..
I have 2 xcel thick winter wetties with the patchy orange lining which looks like that. When paddling hard to get out past breaking waves I have noticed I seem to heat up in a way that I haven't experienced with say my patagonia. I am not sure how much it does when just sitting for a wave. These linings must add a bit of weight, but I don't know how much.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
"I have two books at my bedside, Lieutenant: the Marine Corps Code of Conduct and the King James Bible. The only proper authorities I am aware of are my commanding officer, Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, and the Lord, our God."
my condolences, sorry that you need to be commanded to live a good life

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
my condolences, sorry that you need to be commanded to live a good life
There are rules in life just like there are rules in surfing, whether you believe in them or not. There are certain truths as well, whether you believe in them or not.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
in uptown AC a large fish of some sort bit, held, and shook my boot toe-tip
then let go.:oops:
Nice. :roflmao:

OB Jetty one day, I had a fish of some kind gum my big toe all the way to the base. Kicked it off but I have to confess, it felt kind of good. :oops:

Closeout barrel at my usual, got driven to the sand, and some large floppy fish landed on my back and tried to ass-rape me. That did not feel good, quite horrifying actually, and I was very thankful to be wearing a wetsuit.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
"I have two books at my bedside, Lieutenant: the Marine Corps Code of Conduct and the King James Bible. The only proper authorities I am aware of are my commanding officer, Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, and the Lord, our God."
could you clarify, was it Jessup or GOD who banned you :unsure:

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Closeout barrel at my usual, got driven to the sand, and some large floppy fish landed on my back and tried to ass-rape me. That did not feel good, quite horrifying actually, and I was very thankful to be wearing a wetsuit.
shocking, I am lost for words.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Nice. :roflmao:

OB Jetty one day, I had a fish of some kind gum my big toe all the way to the base. Kicked it off but I have to confess, it felt kind of good. :oops:

go to jetty and you'll get your toe sucked off

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
There are rules in life just like there are rules in surfing, whether you believe in them or not. There are certain truths as well, whether you believe in them or not.
whatever soothes your soul little man ;)

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I don't get it, why do these all smoothskin suits have back zips?

I'm definetely pro smoothskin for wind but I haven't worn a back zip suit for like 15 years.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

The Sensual Surfer still has my vote for first place in erotica posts.