4/3 recommendations

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
I'm a fan of the smoothskin.

Those Fahrenheit Celcius suits remind me of NinePlus. Nineplus used to be all backzip as well (which turned me off from them), but they just came out with a really nice looking chest zip for what seems to be a really fair price. Looks like a Japanese inspired suit coming in at $399 for a 4/3.

View attachment 100373
That feeling when the sun comes up and warms up the smoothskin...nothing else like it haha Actually you'll be surprised how stretchy the Fahrenheit suits are even though they're back zip. I had a few Nineplus with backzips and they were definitely too stiff. Good price though for a 4/3.

RattimusBeach

Nep status
Jun 2, 2014
Torrance, CA
my problem with the smooth skin was how easy it was to damage ie put your finger tips through pulling on
but the one I have is a cheapo
They're still pretty delicate. I always make sure to cut my nails, use a nice floor pad when changing and not to pull to hard...it's a bit of pain in the butt but worth it if you don't have to rush to work.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
No Cyber sold in Aus, but I am interested in what customisations you got.
There are a few different liners to choose from. Some are designed to be lightweight, others are for warmth. I ask for the warmest liner available.

I have a secondary neck gasket added.

I have the cuffs at the wrists and ankles pulled in slightly from the stock size.

I ask for some seam taping in a couple of high stress areas (ribs and crotch).

Reactions: Mr J

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
+1 technobutter is dank AF.

4/3 that doesn’t wear like a 4/3. Had to get used to their new neck seal, it’s a little different then I remember, but haven’t had a new O’Neil in some years.

I thought my years ago hyperfreak 3/2 comp stretched too quickly. bht that was probably technobutter2 or lower, still dank, just not dank AF. Felt like I was surfing naked.
If you can size down on the hyperfreaks you should I've always been a L in suits. All my hyperfreaks are M.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I recently got a suit from Fahrenheit Celsius. I was skeptical about going back to hipster smooth-skin back-zips, but since I mainly surf SLO now, I needed full wind protection and warmth. sh!t is buttery soft and stretchy asf. Best back-zip smooth skin I've ever used. I just surfed Morro Bay last week with their 3/2 and was toasty. Check em out
Very competitive pricing for the quality represented

Reactions: RattimusBeach

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
got a free oakley 4/3... also a 3/2 and 5/4
on the inside theres an excel tag
insides like this
i find it in their 2015 suits, hoping they used it a few years after. the ad for it on youtube is sort of funny

they call it a performance enhancing wetsuit
1604780640947.png

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
"I have two books at my bedside, Lieutenant: the Marine Corps Code of Conduct and the King James Bible. The only proper authorities I am aware of are my commanding officer, Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, and the Lord, our God."

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars