3 board travel quiver

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Well its not quite an 8 footer (7-10) but i think it will do the trick. Have actually had it for a few weeks but havent had any waves quite worthy of a maiden voyage. Pyzel PadillacView attachment 81479View attachment 81480
Dual purpose, because on the flat days, you can use it as a SUP :geek:

I've actually been considering getting one of these. Might be doing a couple of OBSF trips this winter :cool:

Let us know how it feels. Hard to imagine being able to control that much foam.

Is it a dedicated quad?

Reactions: Aruka

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
She's a beauty, Aruka!

Felt up a few Padillacs on Bali. Very, very nice boards. (Somewhere between my Desert Storm and Spartan in terms of chunk vs sleekness).

When I got my 7'6 Spartan my mind just started bubbling with possibilities and scary scenarios, but it actually goes even in just 10-12ft faces, so it's easy to get a feel for the board before serious days. Let us know how you go on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkb

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Well its not quite an 8 footer (7-10) but i think it will do the trick. Have actually had it for a few weeks but havent had any waves quite worthy of a maiden voyage. Pyzel PadillacView attachment 81479
Good lord man! How long does it take you to decide what board to ride? Thought that was a shop at first. Nice quiv!

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
Trips to CR I usually take a 5’11 VS Shadow and either a 6’4 VS Time Machine(dimmed down) or a 6’3 Roberts Black Cobra(also dimmed down) and I can be comfortable in anything from waist to 3OH on the southern Pacific Points. Not interested in anything bigger.
The Black Cobra has a higher top end.

So on a mystery trip I would go

5’8 CC Fish (should be in the middle as it does not grovel as well as the Shadow and has a much higher upper end) for variety.
5’11 VS Shadow
6’3 Roberts Black Cobra

trifish

Gerry Lopez status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I've seen a good amount of those Pyzel Padillac's out at OBSF when I lived in that area. I don't surf those huge winter days, but if your going to than best to have the right equipment for the job especially when a lot of water starts moving around. On a side note I used to see somebody using it on some small days there and being a wave hog, LOL