3.4 million homeowners skip mortgage payments.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
what did you expect? to just get those months for free? of course you'd have to eventually pay them back.
Of course I knew it would have to be paid back. :foreheadslap:
I was hoping/expecting that the bank would add it to the end of the mortgage or negotiate an additional payment each month until we were caught up (we requested this and were denied).
Regardless, we white-knuckled it for a few months and all is good. Well except for UB; we refinanced to a better loan with a different bank as soon as we could and now UB's out the interest they would have accrued over the balance of the life of the loan.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
We tried to stop Chinese flights coming here but RASSSSSSSSSSS
Deflection.

That wouldn't have stopped it.

China should have shut down all out going flights.

We still are letting flights come in from places with the more contagious strain of the virus.

It's all F'd up.

I kind of envy your simplistic view of the world.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I was hoping/expecting that the bank would add it to the end of the mortgage or negotiate an additional payment each month until we were caught up (we requested this and were denied).
Regardless, we white-knuckled it for a few months and all is good. Well except for UB; we refinanced to a better loan with a different bank as soon as we could and now UB's out the interest they would have accrued over the balance of the life of the loan.
Gotcha - dont own a home so I didnt know other mortgage lenders were tacking it on to the end of the loan :cheers:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Deflection.

That wouldn't have stopped it.

China should have shut down all out going flights.

We still are letting flights come in from places with the more contagious strain of the virus.

It's all F'd up.

I kind of envy your simplistic view of the world.
it was prevalent in Italy and Spain by then as well; China has a major presence
in manufacture and commerce in both countries

the travel ban was futile unless it was executed across the board

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
it was prevalent in Italy and Spain by then as well; China has a major presence
in manufacture and commerce in both countries

the travel ban was futile unless it was executed across the board
In the very beginning China locked down travel in the country but let people leave the country.

MADNESS!

Don't get me started on China.

I was there in 2004 and all this makes sense to me.

People coming into the US needed strict quarantine too and that didn't happen.

We just aren't used to being told we have to stay home for 14 days in the US.

I'm concerned about the more contagious strain.

But I'm a worry wort and I have no control over the outcome.

So I would be better off being like the dummies here who think it's all a con to take away free dumb.

Jan 29, 2021
Is it even possible to skip a mortgage payment? I don't think that any bank will like it unless they offer a special loyalty program to specific groups. I bought my house a couple of years ago. I still need to pay the bank a significant amount of money. Besides, I’m trying to pay for everything on time. It took us a while to find the house of our dreams. Then the endless process of getting a mortgage. Luckily, we found Mortgage Advisor Essex, and they helped us to get suitable interest rate. It is really helpful right now because I receive only 80% of my salary due to pandemic. It’s a little bit tough right now, and I have no idea what would we do if we had to pay a higher interest rate.

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
are you proud of this? just asking....
Pride had nothing to do with it. My financial decisions are as emotionless as possible. It was smart and gave me a little pad had I needed it. The skipped payments are just tacked on to the end of the term.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
B of A just added it to the back end for me. Was super easy.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
what did you expect? to just get those months for free? of course you'd have to eventually pay them back.
Rent and mortgage are not the same.

Tacking those 6 payments at the end of the mortgage term is not a loss for the lender.

With rent you have to pay back in one chunk.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Pride had nothing to do with it. My financial decisions are as emotionless as possible. It was smart and gave me a little pad had I needed it. The skipped payments are just tacked on to the end of the term.
Why did you need a pad? Please be specific. Seems more like you are/were gaming the system?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Why did you need a pad? Please be specific. Seems more like you are/were gaming the system?
Lol. Someone is back stalking me. Don’t you have some not surfing to do?

A little cushion in the middle of a pandemic and the worst economic decline perhaps ever was nice.

They offered, I accepted. Grace period ended and I started paying again. No game.

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
thanks for explaining. is there interest tacked on to the 6 months?