2nd time torn labrum

Njryan

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 25, 2011
Tore my labrum 3 years ago in Barbados, did PT and felt ok but not the same. Injured again 8 weeks ago, took a month off did my exercises and I’m at 20% strength. Getting a Cat scan tomorrow to see how bad of a tear. Any info of how you feel today, rehab time, or Advice greatly appreciate.

VonMeister

Tom Curren status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
There's a bit of controversy regarding labrum tears. For me, If at all possible I would go the conservative route and decline surgery and work on rehab but every case is different and shoulder instability could change my thinking.

Given the time since the injury and also depending on your age I think a good surgeon is going to opt for continued rehab unless the cat scan shows something that in his mind makes healing impossible.

I generally disagree with saying things like, no "X" for 6 weeks or whatever......but if its surgically repaired you probably won't exceed 10 weeks before perhaps long boarding your way back into paddling shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chocki and Njryan

Njryan

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 25, 2011
Ahhhhhh.....turns out torn rotator cuff. Surgery in 2 weeks out for 6 months. Everyone on the east coast your welcome!

• Sad
Reactions: Havoc