26. how many other non partakers out there?

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Good for you B5!
I stopped the smoking thing 4 years ago (cold turkey)
Now, have to stop the drinking thing I (I loves my beers)
I'm headed up to Alaska for 10 days next week with a very good friend who's been clean and sober 26 years.
Still carries his coin, and gets together with some of the locals up there for a meeting.
Kinda trips me out, but I get it.
You are good person Brandon:shaka:

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
i woke up this morning sober, just like the past 26 years. any others out there doing the no drink no drug thing? i know autoprax isn't, but the rest of y'all? it beats being dead, that's for sure.
Congratulations, B5. What was it that convinced you in 1996 to take control of your life? Where would you be if continued those destructive activities?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
i woke up this morning sober, just like the past 26 years. any others out there doing the no drink no drug thing? i know autoprax isn't, but the rest of y'all? it beats being dead, that's for sure.
I’m glad you woke up this morning sober
26 years is a long time
congratulations!
and to everyone else whose live are better because they can say they woke up sober today too

your post made me think, when was the last time I drank?
and then quickly remembered it was just last night,
so not that long ago,
but it’s really rare
Alcohol just isn’t my drug of choice

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
I'm happy for you and all good with this sh!t, as long as you're not the preachy ex-addict type.

Sobriety is a religion of it's own..................... :crazy2:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Alcohol... drank so much I became allergic.

Heroin... quit it back in the 90's. After one last hurrah.

Pills... never saw the appeals. Only use powdered form anti-inflammatories, and very infrequently.

Cocaine... never had a problem with it, only when offered, and only the kind you have to use a razor to shave it from the rock, and no amount of chopping ever makes it into powder. :shameonyou:

Devil's lettuce... daily, but it's normally for neck or back pain. Don't really "get high" much anymore, unless one of my brothers is in town, then we burn like we were teenagers again.

Congratulations to all you who have achieved personal successes.

You have all my respects....

:bowdown::applause2::bowdown:

Reactions: JTS and CutnSnip

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Woke up Saturday morning sober.

Still felt like I had had a beer or two the night before.

And I thought, "This is how it is going to feel here on out? Even after no imbibing of delicious fermented malt beverages (or anything else)?"

Boy, it is enough to make one think, 'F*ck it, lets get this going:'

1 tantric sex,
2 long distance running,
3 ice baths,
4 immersing myself into 18 hour work days to pay for more possessions,
5 religion,
6 harder drugs,
7 surfing blown out wind chop every day no matter what,
8 front page sweeps,
9 writing out a new manifesto,
10 head back to the lab for more scanner/firestarter training.

PS
Am happy to see people succeeding in getting and staying sober. Would have more friends alive/in my life if it was easier for everyone.

Last edited: