26,000 covid positive college students!

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
The kids love to shame you when you mispronounce their name.

I'm like, fook you.

I call BS on your appeals to shame
I always intentionally mispronounce their names and when they correct me I say, "Are you making fun of the way I talk?"

My inspiration-

Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
try and use reason and logic against these morons. Let me know how that works out for you.
Who are you kidding. You're entire position regarding this virus is based on fear and emotion. You have no room in your arguments for reason and logic. Tell me more about how little kids shouldn't go to school because there is a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance grandma might catch the flu from the little darling. Then you can screech at anyone who doesn't share your emotions that they don't care about their grandma.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Who are you kidding. You're entire position regarding this virus is based on fear and emotion. You have no room in your arguments for reason and logic. Tell me more about how little kids shouldn't go to school because there is a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance grandma might catch the flu from the little darling. Then you can screech at anyone who doesn't share your emotions that they don't care about their grandma.
sO mUcH lOgiC aNd rEasOn

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You realize that school has been in session for two weeks, and the disease has a two week incubation period, and most patients aren't hospitalized on day one, right?
Newsom allowed bars and gyms to open for indoor service in California and one week later there was a spike in ‘cases’ in California (2ish weeks after the riots/protests).

Newsom said the spike came from bars and gyms.

This virus is so strange!

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
Newsom allowed bars and gyms to open for indoor service in California and one week later there was a spike in ‘cases’ in California (2ish weeks after the riots/protests).

Newsom said the spike came from bars and gyms.

This virus is so strange!
Non sequitur

Your original statement was that colleges open, there was a huge spike in cases, but no hospitalizations.

I replied that hospitalization lag an outbreak of cases by weeks.

You counter with a "gotcha" because newsom blamed bars and not protests.

I'm the sensible one around here. I know that the protests are a huge disease vector. Everybody knows that. Newsom knows that too. The protests are an unstoppable force, caused by circumstances that Newsom has spent his career trying to end, and tRump has spent his life trying to enrage.

If you don't like protests and disease spread, then don't elect a president who tells police to assault prisoners, and a president who offers to pay the legal bills of his supporters who assault peaceful people who disagree with him

Last edited:

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
If the protests were to blame, how come NY didnt see a crazy spike? They left bars and gyms closed, coincidence?
1) because New Yorkers already caught It?
2) because protesters did catch It?
3) because the rate in New York is so high that the wave of the spike was lost in the tide of background cases?

Take any guess you want?

Explain why the Sturgis spiked in cases is costing billions of dollars to treat.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
If the protests were to blame, how come NY didnt see a crazy spike? They left bars and gyms closed, coincidence?
So is the incubation 1 week or at least 2 weeks?

Also, theres a belief that NYC has achieved some level of heard immunity.

Are you really of the belief that protests are safe but things like going to a football game, voting in person and motorcycle rallies are super spreaders?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
1) because New Yorkers already caught It?
2) because protesters did catch It?
3) because the rate in New York is so high that the wave of the spike was lost in the tide of background cases?

Take any guess you want?

Explain why the Sturgis spiked in cases is costing billions of dollars to treat.
That ‘study’ about Sturgis is not anywhere near close to being anything that resembles science.

PS: one person, one, who attended the rally died from covid. One.

There were probably more than one alcohol related deaths at the rally.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
That ‘study’ about Sturgis is not anywhere near close to being anything that resembles science.

PS: one person, one, who attended the rally died from covid. One.

There were probably more than one alcohol related deaths at the rally.
And 1 buffalo stomping too.