$225.00 Boardshorts

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
One comes with a golden ticket in the pocket. The winner gets to choose their own adventure with Gabriel for a week.
Shaving optional

Last edited:

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
This has been covered.
Anyone that shells out $125 for shorts is dumber than a sack of rocks.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
One comes with a golden ticket in the pocket. The winner gets to choose their own adventure with Gabriel for a week.
Shaving optional
Is one of the the choices going to a edm festival and rolling on molly with gabe and that soccer dude?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Birdwells cost more. How much would you sell these for if you personally hand cut and sewed them yourself? Chinese/Korean slave labor has been skewing things for a few decades. Rip curl (guilty) stopped doing that after AUS passed a law or something and now they pay living wages in a Thai factory they own. Shame on them?

Reactions: youcantbeserious

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
Total B.S. I was thinking the other day of buying cheap shorts with just front pockets no cargo pockets and using those. Anyone ever do this? The whole expensive board shorts and cheap crap. Just like all the cheap Chinese crap Slater makes.

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Surf apparel is a total racket, especially board shorts. Consider the cost of materials is nil given that it is spun nylon (plastic). Then consider that they are mostly made in Bangladesh or India where they pay people peanuts. Most of those places folks make less than a dollar a day and then Crusty, Lost, Billadong, and SchnipCurl sell you $65 dollar board shorts and $46 dollar tshirts. Nylon and cotton_ Honky Please!!! Consider the cost of plastic and cotton. These folks are taking you for a big g fat ride... a ride based on your desire to be cool with the current fashion and trends suckaa, . - Sucka Mutha Schratcher.....Its not your fault they spend 90% of the cost of goods sold on marketing!

Whatever the market is- be it golf, basketball, baseball, surf, soccer, ping pong, they are marketing you goods that are cheap as dirt to produce. Not your fault marketing is 80% if the cost- just ask Subway about the racket.

Under Armour is the biggest marketing racket ever! It appeals to insecure males that need armour to bolster their masculinity. This is a new version of the 90's Bad Boy Club which was also a genius marketing strategy and folks are making millions!!!!!!

Minimize! You dont need this sheeeet in most scenarios. I would say that legit boardshorts are a good call though, preferably triple stitched. I'll admit this is an area not to skip but nylon doesnt need to cost $70 bucks!

I like to pick up a shitload of boardshorts in Bali. Theyre are dirt cheap ripoffs of Rusty, Lost, etc. You just figure out what your size is and then buy 12 pairs. They aren't quite the quality of the real thing but they are like 90% of it for like 10% of the price and they last 8 years!

In the late 90's Rusty paid off the Kuta cops to go through the shacks selling pirate goods. Worked for a while but they keep on coming!

Last edited:
Reactions: sickdog

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Last year's anybrand or, Thrift stores and maybe a little bleach if you're scared of buttock leaches and kooter boils.
Birdwells are nice. Lots of new boards shorts are nice. I got this one pair old old trunks made by Surfline Hawaii. They take all day to dry unless it's really cooking but they are literally lasting 15 maybe 20 years at this point.
Got these one kind of discount trunks as good as I'll ever need called js surf. Not sure if they're from Walmart or what but they do the trick.
Funny thing I started wearing newer stretchy trunks the past couple years and it's hard switching back to the tried and true bulletproof non stretchy ones, for actually surfing but I feel next to naked in em on land.