2024 Huatulco Area Surf Guides

Apr 30, 2022
The age of digital information, surf forecasts, travel blogging and unsustainable growth really killed the vibe of a lot of surf destinations.

Reactions: mundus

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My friend Rafael Ortega hooked me up last week. 6 day trip. We scored. He is doing his own tours now in Huatulco. Surf Mojon, Majagual, Barra, Faro, Chipehua. $120 a day per person plus gas. 2 guy minimum. Includes lunch at a barbacoa restaurant that we ate at every day and is amazing. Includes non alcoholic drinks and snacks like fruit and trail mix. Good Toyota 4 Runner. Hit him up on IG Rafael Ortega.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Volaris aren't taintbags about boardbags?
fuck volaris.. they charge 150 each way for boards. on the way back from el sal last year they never put my boards on the plane. no communication available in english whatso ever, no comepensation and in the end it was LAX lost and found who tracked my boards, got them back to the states and dropped them off at my home almost 2 weeks later.

never doing volaris again.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
fuck volaris.. they charge 150 each way for boards. on the way back from el sal last year they never put my boards on the plane. no communication available in english whatso ever, no comepensation and in the end it was LAX lost and found who tracked my boards, got them back to the states and dropped them off at my home almost 2 weeks later.

I'd always heard they were an airline of choice for people with boards stashed in Mainland Mex who are doing the Otay Mesa cross on foot/domestic flight from TJ routine with just a bookbag, but when I looked at them once, the boardbag policy seemed a bit much.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006

I just paid $80 each way on my July trip.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
I remember when Interjet was free. Geez these Mexi airlines are gouging surfers almost as bad as the "surf guides" are raping you guys.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'd always heard they were an airline of choice for people with boards stashed in Mainland Mex who are doing the Otay Mesa cross on foot/domestic flight from TJ routine with just a bookbag, but when I looked at them once, the boardbag policy seemed a bit much.
That’s what one of my neighbors does twice a month for a week at a time. I have 5 or 6 friends boards in the storage room.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit