2022 Tropical Systems

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOL still very little energy forecast for Florida. 3@12. Better than nothing if it winds up happening, but still looks like the same old meager feeble dribble we've had for months.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I am not sure if you have a buoy off Lazaro or that size/interval is from a forecasting site.

6@8 if it's not right on top of us is pretty good for North Florida, and ideal for South Brevard. Except the paddle out will generally fuck you up some.

Just watched cams of Cabo, and it's short period 2x + O'head mayhem. Very SSE angles, for now. Could be good a ways up Sea of Cortez on the mainland side of Mex? Those mysto points....
Spent some quality time in Google Earth one night...looks like lots of lagoon shoal options way up there. No idea how to get near anything, or how to get back to the boat if you get caught inside. I could see some of those shoals/sandbars being whitewater for hundreds of yards.

But if your Red Bull jet ski(s) and Tundra(s) don't get jacked, and you're eating sushi while Fecal films poopies, I guess it all fits?

Reactions: mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I am not sure if you have a buoy off Lazaro or that size/interval is from a forecasting site.

6@8 if it's not right on top of us is pretty good for North Florida, and ideal for South Brevard. Except the paddle out will generally fook you up some.

Spent some quality time in Google Earth one night...looks like lots of lagoon shoal options way up there. No idea how to get near anything, or how to get back to the boat if you get caught inside. I could see some of those shoals/sandbars being whitewater for hundreds of yards.

But if your Red Bull jet ski(s) and Tundra(s) don't get jacked, and you're eating sushi while Fecal films poopies, I guess it all fits?
No buoy, forecast site verified by visual.

Not enough fetch and accessibility are thrill killers for Sonora.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

6@8 if it's not right on top of us is pretty good for North Florida, and ideal for South Brevard. Except the paddle out will generally fook you up some.

Left Cabo when a big south was running saw whitewater going quite a ways up the gulf on the mainland side.

surfcheck101

Nep status
Apr 9, 2006
South of the Border
Just watched cams of Cabo, and it's short period 2x + O'head mayhem. Very SSE angles, for now. Could be good a ways up Sea of Cortez on the mainland side of Mex? Those mysto points....
Drove (way) up the east cape earlier today looking for something that wasnt blown out, strong ENE winds, wasnt happening. A small window in town earlier this morning and lighter more favorable winds (and less swell) on the Pacific side thru midday.

Reactions: need 4 speed

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
An 8 degree window and would require a bombing hurricane with the perfect storm track to work. Punta Huatabampito.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Drove (way) up the east cape earlier today looking for something that wasnt blown out, strong ENE winds, wasnt happening. A small window in town earlier this morning and lighter more favorable winds (and less swell) on the Pacific side thru midday.
Past Cabo Pulmo? It appears the window was between 9pm and dawn before the wind picked up. My buddy was at a tucked in NE facing point up that way last night and said the first set of the Kay swell rolled in just after dark with no wind. It was firing at midnight.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Just got out of water, Victory at sea conditions, about head high +. Not much opportunity for turns but had some fun drops.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Going to be interesting to see how much swell, if any, So Cal gets from Kay at this point.

Some might sneak into the farther north reaches of So Cal that can get those very steep SSE angles.

Kay has been riding the very edge of the So Cal window almost the entire time it started turning more north. The right side of the hurricane is what sends swell north, and much of it is just outside the window edge, but who knows for sure until later this week?

But, it's looking like Kay peaked this afternoon, AND it looks like she might be starting to head more straight north, or more N of NNW, than a bit W of NNW. This will start pushing her more out of the window, behind that large point in central Baja.

Will be interesting to see how far north she goes at hurricane strength as cooler water temps look to be just starting to effect.

She does have a very large wind field, but unfortunately for So Cal, not doing much good. We'll see what we get. Should be something, somewhere in So Cal?

Reactions: gbg

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Will help the shape. Solid so hemi regardless. Tomorrow morni g looks like offshore winds. Much needed.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Why you West Coast guys trying to make hurricane season all about you?

Let's get back to the EC and the 10 days of NE winds corresponding with the swell they're forecasting here . . .

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
What else is new. I have a friend who would NOT surf if there was NE wind, but all he does is drink anymore anyway so I force myself a few times a year.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
She? How dare you!
Yes, hurricanes are next.

Sorry about that.

We recently decided to trade genders every other, after all being feminine names forever.

I'm sure these names will come under fire by wokylvania, and be neutered anytime now.

Probably just back to alpha/numbers, like they do before they become tropical storms.

Can't offend anyone with gender specifics.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

Sorry about that.

We recently decided to trade genders every other, after all being feminine names forever.

I'm sure these names will come under fire by wokylvania, and be neutered anytime now.

Probably just back to alpha/numbers, like they do before they become tropical storms.

Himicanes?

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Buoy is 4.6 feet outta the south.
Offshore winds tomorrow.
I am getting barreled.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

Sorry about that.

Bitches should be proud to be associated with the strongest force of nature known to man, not much higher a compliment, is there?
:cursing::shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey: