2022 Tropical Systems

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Any commentary on the current state of Mainland's sand and cobble sitchy-ayshun? Are people fleeing to other zones?
I don’t know about other places but the river is still running here so sand is still moving. It’s been good, new swell filling in tonight with some noise.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Why does this fucking sweet and delicious bag of sugar have to have to blow out the goddamn hurricane swell honey hole?

They're certain it's going to hit somewhere up past Banderas, but not up past Culiacan. Culo-racan storm. And that SoHemi boomer inbound looks like it might have had juuuuuuust enough West to fill in up North too.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Why does this fucking sweet and delicious bag of sugar have to have to blow out the goddamn hurricane swell honey hole?

They're certain it's going to hit somewhere up past Banderas, but not up past Culiacan. Culo-racan storm. And that SoHemi boomer inbound looks like it might have had juuuuuuust enough West to fill in up North too.
Surf wise it doesn’t do us any good at all. Rain wise, it’s been a relatively slow year so we can use the rain. Southern Hemisphere swell over 210 to 215 means go somewhere else.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Surf wise it doesn’t do us any good at all. Rain wise, it’s been a relatively slow year so we can use the rain. Southern Hemisphere swell over 210 to 215 means go somewhere else.
Well hopefully the storm goes somewhere else, namely under Cabo and into SoCal's swell window. I've had some good times in Nayarit/Sinaloa when there was a SW I expected to wash out the points and make the canyon-fed beachbreaks gigantor, and I've had some good times up there on a tropical swell. But landfalling right there just sucks.

They seem pretty certain that NW blow is going to weaken it and send it ashore, too. I haven't really seen any models that develop it but don't make it hit somewhere up there. Hopefully it does weaken before hitting.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I wonder what's happening to the longest right in the Americas - Las Islitas?
To the best of my recollection 100mph onshore wind isn’t favorable. On the positive side the bugs won’t be a problem this morning.’