2021 Holiday weigh-in

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Am cat and lizard sitting for out of town neighbors.

They have a digital scale.

Just weighed myself at 4:30-ish PM....will be eating dinner in about an hour.

177.8 lbs or 80.82 kg

Will I gain or lose by end of holiday season, which is what, Hangover Recovery Day?

Will guess I am actually less come the morning or afternoon of 1/1/2022 when I can convince the neighbors to let me find out.

No idea, don't really care in a sense self-esteem kind of way, more care in a curious about pointless thing kind of way.

Any other takers?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I stopped weighing myself but am still halfheartedly try to eat for weight loss but at 52 I need to incorporate pretty heavy exercise to lose. YMMV.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I just weighed in at 160.4 fully dressed and with a belly full of beer.

That's up 10 lbs. from a year ago so I guess I caught the Covid 10lb. weight gain. :rolleyes:

We'll see where it goes from here. :beer:

• Haha
Reactions: StratoCycleSurf

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
169 this morning. I was fat boy 183 in august after 3 weeks of friends and family around for a series of big celebrations last summer. Decided to lose a few pounds a month. Hopefully 160 next spring. Have a low liter rocket fish Kenson I want to get back on. Hello Surfcat

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I can now gain and lose weight at will. After a couple years now of having the dubious forced luxury of being able to really pay attention to the quantity and quality of food, I can control hunger pangs, ignore them if I choose to, skip meals without a second thought etc. Anyway, I noticed (unsurprised) that I had bounced off my steadily maintained low of 165 around labor day, put on 10 to 175. Last few weeks of august were full of less exercise and indulgent eating. So a few weeks ago I literally said to myself (and to my wife, who objected) I’m goin back to 165 so I did. cut my caloric and sugar/carb intake and kept up my daily exercise and the weight falls off. I’m around 168 now, and next week sometime when I hit 165 techhnoviking will be pleased with me

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish and b.r.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
was about 214 this time last year. dropped to 175 a month ago and maintaining. still figuring this crap out like subway and damn I'm feeling good. stocked to know I can live in a balance and maintain a good weight. let's see how the holidays go.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah you don’t have to starve or deprive yourself. Just more days than not, eat less than 1500 calories total. Maybe even mix in some sub 1000 calorie days. You’d be surprised how quickly your body adjusts and you realize we just don’t need more than 1500-2000 calories of quality proteins and veggies per day, and just take it easy on the carbs overall, a little rice or some yummy mashed potatoes won’t kill ya as long as it’s not on every dinner plate.

And Tim Ferris was spot on when he said your total plates worth of food should be no bigger than your outstretched palm. If this is how you eat 75% of the time, you can have your big fun indulgent meals out on the town. You can eat that big ass piece of lush chocolate cake. Because your day to day life is a low to moderate calorie lifestyle, a little indulgence here and there ain’t no thang.

hell now that we are starting to host some big decadent client lunches again, I eat all the bread and order all the food, multiple desserts, and live it up. I just won’t eat anything again until lunch the next day. A big rich meal now leaves me happy and content, but also leaves me with no desire to eat the rest of the day/night

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
that's what I did. prescribed diet and did 900-1200 calories a day and didn't drink alcohol for the whole weight loss. never portioned controlled any thing in my life prior . learned, adjusted, and got used to it. Now crave healthy food more than junk and I generally know what's acceptable to eat. now up to approx 1400-1800 calories a day and with exercise and a few days of adjusted drinking (less IPA's, more low cal drinks) a week I am maintaining.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It’s so easy, it just takes that first few months of effort and discipline and self control, then your body’s programming adjusts to the MUCH healthier eating habits, and it becomes self perpetuating. You crave small delicious lunches, you don’t crave a 1500 calorie plate of Chinese takeout. You enjoy that steak and asparagus for dinner, breakfast is coffee and vitamin d and c (actual vitamins not drugs) and you just are simply no longer a slave to food nor the absurdly high calorie modern diet

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
It’s so easy, it just takes that first few months of effort and discipline and self control, then your body’s programming adjusts to the MUCH healthier eating habits, and it becomes self perpetuating. You crave small delicious lunches, you don’t crave a 1500 calorie plate of Chinese takeout. You enjoy that steak and asparagus for dinner, breakfast is coffee and vitamin d and c (actual vitamins not drugs) and you just are simply no longer a slave to food nor the absurdly high calorie modern diet
100 percent. you were part of the inspiration. it feels good.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
:jamon: Here’s to manorexia, but like, healthy too, and strong, minus all the physical and psychological trauma involved in an actual eating disorder

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Higher than I like, but part of that is just that I’ve been getting high a lot the last week and eating way too much late night junk
I find maintaining my goal weight to be a challenge because when I get high i don’t give a fvck a and know I can get away with 1 night of overdoing it. And I can, but not every night

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I may as well admit this now- at some point during my years of not having much interest in cannabis (my last few years of drinking thats all I wanted) and I didn’t use cannabis for the first several years after putting the bottle down. It was at some point during that decade or so of rarely toking, well, the munchies went away and no longer plagued my stoned self. If anything it has a mild appetite suppressant effect. It doesn’t like, kill my appetite completely if it’s an appropriate time to eat, but it helps to NOT be hungry when it’s 10 pm and while random guy is stuffing his face full of gluten free cookies I’m happily high and hunger free and getting ready to put my book/erBB down and go to sleep

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I may as well admit this now- at some point during my years of not having much interest in cannabis (my last few years of drinking thats all I wanted) and I didn’t use cannabis for the first several years after putting the bottle down. It was at some point during that decade or so of rarely toking, well, the munchies went away and no longer plagued my stoned self. If anything it has a mild appetite suppressant effect. It doesn’t like, kill my appetite completely if it’s an appropriate time to eat, but it helps to NOT be hungry when it’s 10 pm and while random guy is stuffing his face full of gluten free cookies I’m happily high and hunger free and getting ready to put my book/erBB down and go to sleep
Thanks for sharing.

Same as last year, no scale.

I see what you did there daily dale.:nana::waving: