Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
110% pro move right there
You know the real pro move?

Pulling out.

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, kids freak me out. Or more specifically, having kids. I have a niece and nephew who are just over a year old and I love hanging out with them but I also love that I get to go home afterwards to my childless house.

Last edited:

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura

Don't stress about it. Things work out. You'll find a way.

Read to him/her. Play Baby Beethoven. Expose them to nature. For your part, stay fit.

ps my attempts to have a surf prodigy totally backfired. Now my daughter actually told me the other day, after skin diving (she likes that), "I have an irrational fear of waves." So, don't dunk 'em when they're infants.
This is great advice. We did exactly the same thing reading, music and nature. Our kid announced when he was 15 that he isn't into surfing. Loves to body surf and booger board though which just fine with me. Now he's in community college with good grades, life guarding for the city and playing water polo. For the most part he's a great kid. Although, at times a little too smart for his britches. ;)

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
2020, f**k off? sure!
Too many friendz have died this year, from not Corona!
But there are still waves to ride, be ridden, world~wide,
+ so i'm gonna watch some of it live, right now, here in L.A.

Not pre~recorded,
like i used to have to watch any surfin' goin' down on ABC's Channel 7 'Wide World of Sports':
thankx for the link: BG comment8er ~ 'Brooklyn Barrel Dodger'!
:shaka:
:waving:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: racer1

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Sometimes I feel like kids suck the life out of you.

Other times I think the opposite. It's kind of like the stock market I think. (I realize this analogy is really fvcked up and should probably send me to therapy) Some days are up, some days things look like they are crashing. But overall, long term, the value outs.

I wonder who lives longer, people with kids or people without? If I didn't have kids, there would have been way more surfing for a number of years there. Probably more drugs, alcohol, a divorce, super hot slutty women, fast cars and lots more disposable income...

:unsure:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Sometimes I feel like kids suck the life out of you.

Other times I think the opposite. It's kind of like the stock market I think. (I realize this analogy is really fvcked up and should probably send me to therapy) Some days are up, some days things look like they are crashing. But overall, long term, the value outs.

I wonder who lives longer, people with kids or people without? If I didn't have kids, there would have been way more surfing for a number of years there. Probably more drugs, alcohol, a divorce, super hot slutty women, fast cars and lots more disposable income...

:unsure:
i'm pretty sure parents live longer.

but I'll take quality over quantity.

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
2020, f**k off? sure!
Too many friendz have died this year, from not Corona!
But there are still waves to ride, be ridden, world~wide,
+ so i'm gonna watch some of it live, right now, here in L.A.
Nazare looks like the smoothest day possible out there but the chatter is so bad on their boards, they can't even do a turn.

Reactions: Boneroni

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Update:

20 1/4" x 8 pound baby boy arrived over the weekend!

I've been pee'd on 5 times (once in the face), my phone has been puked on twice, we've got a cracked nipple and sleeping about 5 hours a day. STOCKED.

Child birth is GNARLY. I feel like you guys didn't address this enough.

And of course, my Varial Twinsman arrived today as well as a local custom that I ordered in December.

Last edited: