2017 Ford Transit - sold

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/7557193191.html

Oldest grom is going to be driving next year (!?). This is our extra vehicle, and it's way too much for a new teenager driver. Picked up a used Tacoma, so we need to get rid of this.

It's been our camping vehicle to Alaska and Niagara Falls and back. Good times. My wife said, "End of an era." Our boys are getting too big. Soon, they'll be camping by themselves w/ their friends. Crazy how fast they grow up. :cry:

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Nice build. I've been looking for something like this, but $47.5k is out of my desired price range. I'll probably end up buying a used Tacoma, putting a camper on it, building it out, and realizing I spent $60k when the dust settles. GLWS.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Nice build. I've been looking for something like this, but $47.5k is out of my desired price range. I'll probably end up buying a used Tacoma, putting a camper on it, building it out, and realizing I spent $60k when the dust settles. GLWS.

I sh!t on all the Sprinter people out there, but as they say, "It ain't trickin' if you got it".
I can't believe how much some folks spend on those things. With only 36k, someone will be stoked.

I've recently seen the Merc Metris with what looks like a pop top on it. They look more subtle and a bit more my speed, but the stand up space is clutch for any long term use. Either way, it's hard to justify an RV as a daily driver when I commute 100+ miles/day.

GLWTS

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Ha, that's exactly what we're doing. Sticking an AT Overland habitat camper on the back. And $60k is not too far off!

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I sh!t on all the Sprinter people out there, but as they say, "It ain't trickin' if you got it".
I can't believe how much some folks spend on those things. With only 36k, someone will be stoked.

I've recently seen the Merc Metris with what looks like a pop top on it. They look more subtle and a bit more my speed, but the stand up space is clutch for any long term use. Either way, it's hard to justify an RV as a daily driver when I commute 100+ miles/day.

GLWTS
There's no way I would drive this daily. The standup height is awesome for camping, but you can't do drive thrus, which is useful when you're roadtripping. We were stuck a few times during covid when the food places only did drive thru.

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
so u have two camping vehicles.this ones the extra. plus a bucnh of kids fukinshit whers people get the $ for all this sh!t

• Haha
Reactions: parkiteric

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I see the queen bed for mamma and papa. Where did the kids sleep?

Heater?

I'd be very interested but the timing's not right. I still have to see how my daughter's college plays out.

ps I've been trying to get a Ford Maverick for a daily driver. I like the mpg (40+) and price (mid 20k for base version). It's impossible. Dealer's keep sending me offers for $45,000.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
so u have two camping vehicles.this ones the extra. plus a bucnh of kids fukinshit whers people get the $ for all this sh!t
this one has to pay for the other one! Used prices are crazy. The used Tacoma we just got was only $2k shy of MSRP and it's a 2020 w 36k mi.

I see the queen bed for mamma and papa. Where did the kids sleep?

Heater?

I'd be very interested but the timing's not right. I still have to see how my daughter's college plays out.

ps I've been trying to get a Ford Maverick for a daily driver. I like the mpg (40+) and price (mid 20k for base version). It's impossible. Dealer's keep sending me offers for $45,000.
We have the swivel seats, so fill in the gap between rows 1 and 2 and spread a couple of foldable mattresses over, and it makes another big bed for the kids and dogs.

We didn't do a heater. Traveling over summer break, we needed AC more than anything.

Neighbor has a Maverick. My friend's dad also got one for $4k over MSRP.

Someone's coming to look at the van today.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
this one has to pay for the other one! Used prices are crazy. The used Tacoma we just got was only $2k shy of MSRP and it's a 2020 w 36k mi.

We have the swivel seats, so fill in the gap between rows 1 and 2 and spread a couple of foldable mattresses over, and it makes another big bed for the kids and dogs.

We didn't do a heater. Traveling over summer break, we needed AC more than anything.

Neighbor has a Maverick. My friend's dad also got one for $4k over MSRP.

Someone's coming to look at the van today.
I figured you would not have a hard time selling it with the low (highway )miles. Your price is a bargain.

Reactions: ghostshaper

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Man, we bought our 2016 passenger mid roof/mid length transit - with rear side airbags and rear heat/ac with 25K miles for 24K$ during the pandemic. Mildly camperized it and drove all over the country towing our camper w/the kids. It's an amazing rig. Guess it's now considered a wise investment.View attachment 142069
I can't tell you what we paid new at the end of 2017. It was such a good deal.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Great vehicle - nothing to add but a bump to the listing. We use our Sprinter for travels akin to what you have - the heater isn't really necessary that often. We used an extension cord at a campsite and stuck in a space heater in the early days. Got an Espar and have only used it 3x over the last 3 years.

And... the license plate WINS the license plate wars. Well done one that one!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/7557193191.html

Oldest grom is going to be driving next year (!?). This is our extra vehicle, and it's way too much for a new teenager driver. Picked up a used Tacoma, so we need to get rid of this.

It's been our camping vehicle to Alaska and Niagara Falls and back. Good times. My wife said, "End of an era." Our boys are getting too big. Soon, they'll be camping by themselves w/ their friends. Crazy how fast they grow up. :cry:
Buddy from work might be calling you E