1st Amendment Scotus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You said that WhatsApp provides internet access.
Again . . . Wrong. As usual, the only way for you to make your horseshit argument stick is to word scramble my posts, formulate your strawman, then accuse me of backpedaling and “semantics” when I point that out. Every. Fucking. Time. Below is my quote and post that you are blatantly mischaracterizing:

“For them (*people in developing countries) WhatsApp and Facebook are their primary forms of communication and accessing the internet.”

As in WhatsApp for communication, Facebook (basics) for browsing. You. Fookin. Mongoloid.
:roflmao:

You were wrong on every single thing in this thread and you can't even make a point. Yet you can't admit that.
Holy fook, look in the mirror :roflmao: Even Afoaf, who is 100% right in his post above and I who am not disagreeing with, has confirmed my overall point regarding data charge free communication and web browsing.

Seriously, just give up.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
@grapedrink

Lying sack of sh!t.

You deraled the entire thread by talking about WhatsApp because you were wrong on everything, then you claimed that Whatsapp provides internet access.

I listed 11 apps that do the same thing Whatsapp does, no comment.

Get fucked.

How many of them offer up internet access, messaging and calls as a free add-on (i.e. no data charges) to a cell phone plan to literally billions of people in the developing world :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
@grapedrink

Lying sack of sh!t.

You deraled the entire thread by talking about WhatsApp because you were wrong on everything, then you claimed that Whatsapp provides internet access.
You are grasping here. I was speaking of FB and Whasapp as one in the same, which they basically are in the Free Basics program. I’ve seen “data free Facebook and WhatsApp” advertised on billboards in numerous countries. You haven’t, obviously.

I listed 11 apps that do the same thing Whatsapp does, no comment.
Actually I did, idiot, you just don’t get it. Yes those are all messaging apps that are the basically the same to us but you are missing the key distinction: NONE OF THOSE ARE FREE OF CELLULAR NETWORK DATA CHARGES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES.

El Ogro seconded that, and even Afoaf touched on that when he said: “they (Facebook) are compensating the carriers in some manner as part of this arrangement”. Facebook/WhatsApp is the only company that does this at scale because they are one of the few companies that can afford to pay all the telecom companies, that otherwise have no reason to let people text each other for free. Travel to a foreign country without an unlimited data plan and see how fast your data charges rack up, hence the niche that Facebook exploits.

You are either being intentionally obtuse so you can feel like you “won”, or you think that 2+2=5 and the sky is red. Either way you clearly need help.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
BTW, if you are going to pin the quote below as a gotcha on me and play the "semantics" game that you regularly accuse me of, even though it's clear what I was talking about in the context of this thread, then it's only fair that you own your reply:

How many of them offer up internet access, messaging and calls as a free add-on (i.e. no data charges) to a cell phone plan to literally billions of people in the developing world
Literally all of them.

So you are saying that Viber, Signal, Telegram Messenger, Snapchat, Skype, IMO, Discord, WeChat are also internet browsers as well :unsure: :roflmao: Be careful where you pull your gotchas from :poke:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
BTW, if you are going to pin the quote below as a gotcha on me and play the "semantics" game that you regularly accuse me of, even though it's clear what I was talking about in the context of this thread, then it's only fair that you own your reply:

So you are saying that Viber, Signal, Telegram Messenger, Snapchat, Skype, IMO, Discord, WeChat are also internet browsers as well :unsure: :roflmao: Be careful where you pull your gotchas from :poke:
What are you laughing about? :poke:

I listed 11 apps that offer the same service as Whatsapp. Yes all of them do the same thing.

None of matters because Whatsapp has nothing to fucking do with anything.

Get fucked liar.

• Dislike
Reactions: deepwater

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Except it's a ridiculous comparison.

There are hundred messaging app options.

Just because Whatsapp is the most popular, it doesn't make it essential.

You are talking about an add-on vs the vital service.

And what does Whatsapp got to do with "censorship" you are screeching about?

You're all over the place dummy.

PS I like how you opened the post with saying that you're not comparing it and then you made a direct comparison. :roflmao:
:roflmao: Hey dipstick, as a resident of Latin America, I regret to inform you that WhatsApp is an essential part of living here...it works way better communication-wise and has the added benefit of not having to pay minutes if you use wifi. So the laugh is kinda on you then?

• Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
What are you laughing about? :poke:

I listed 11 apps that offer the same service as Whatsapp. Yes all of them do the same thing.
Holy fook :roflmao: Reading comprehension, dude. Of those 11 apps, how many of them are cellular data plan free when used over a cell phone tower in dozens of developing world countries? Link?

Yes, all are “free” when you have unlimited data or a Wi-Fi signal. However just like any other app when you have a non-unlimited data plan (like at least half of the world), every time you any app over a cell tower it accrues data towards your data allotment. It adds up if you are sending photos or videos. Facebook and WhatsApp are the exception because they pay the Telecom companies to offer it for "free". Even AFOAF reluctantly confirmed this. Most of those other messaging companies can't afford that, especially at scale.

You are simply too stupid to understand this or you can’t accept that I got one over on you :poke:

Get fucked liar.
So much projection.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
Holy fook :roflmao: Reading comprehension, dude. Of those 11 apps, how many of them are cellular data plan free when used over a cell phone tower in dozens of developing world countries? Link?

Yes, all are “free” when you have unlimited data or a Wi-Fi signal. However just like any other app when you have a non-unlimited data plan (like at least half of the world), every time you any app over a cell tower it accrues data towards your data allotment. It adds up if you are sending photos or videos. Facebook and WhatsApp are the exception because they pay the Telecom companies to offer it for "free". Even AFOAF reluctantly confirmed this. Most of those other messaging companies can't afford that, especially at scale.

You are simply too stupid to understand this or you can’t accept that I got one over on you :poke:

So much projection.
Do you think he smashed his laptop? :roflmao:

• Love

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
:roflmao: Hey dipstick, as a resident of Latin America, I regret to inform you that WhatsApp is an essential part of living here...it works way better communication-wise and has the added benefit of not having to pay minutes if you use wifi. So the laugh is kinda on you then?
Are you retarded too?

What does how popular Whatsapp is got to do with anything?

Holy sh!t.

• Haha

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

So much projection.
All of them moron.

• Haha

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
link? All of them are free to use across Africa and Latin America over cell phone towers without an unlimited data plan? (that by definition isn’t free)

How are the Telecom companies being compensated?
They provide identical service to WhatsApp, moron.

Line alone has 300 million users.
Viber too.

Why are you still talking about this?
Did you have a fucking stroke?
What does Whatsapp got to do with the 1st amendment?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
They provide identical service to WhatsApp, moron.
Again, if all of those services are cell data charge free, how are the telecom providers being compensated by the app providers? Do you really think Signal can afford to do that for hundreds of millions of people worldwide?

Why would a telecom company in a developing country, that make a killing charging people a fortune relative to their income for basic cell and data service , decide to allow you to use a bunch of messaging apps for free while issuing data charges for literally every other type of app :unsure: :roflmao:

Below are a few examples: https://www.claro.com.pe/personas/beneficios/movil/whatsapp-gratis/

"Sin Gastar Tus Datos" = Without Data Charges

Go to a country without your worldwide data plan, buy an over the counter cell phone like the vast majority of locals do, and see how fast those data charges add up while you send photos and videos over all of the apps you listed :roflmao: Maybe then you will understand why Whatsapp is so popular.

Why are you still talking about this?
Because you are dodging while simultaneously pretending to be right about something you are clearly wrong about, and also trying to dunk on me for it. El Ogro, Afoaf, and Deepwater all backed up what I said about Whatsapp being DATA CHARGE FREE in developing world countries, because only a tech supergiant like Facebook can afford to compensate the telecoms.

• Haha

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
if youtube were to lose we'd probably just have one shittier version of the internet that lazy people access.
and then the good ole' internet that people can also access.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Again, if all of those services are cell data charge free, how are the telecom providers being compensated by the app providers? Do you really think Signal can afford to do that for hundreds of millions of people worldwide?

Why would a telecom company in a developing country, that make a killing charging people a fortune relative to their income for basic cell and data service , decide to allow you to use a bunch of messaging apps for free while issuing data charges for literally every other type of app :unsure: :roflmao:

Below are a few examples: https://www.claro.com.pe/personas/beneficios/movil/whatsapp-gratis/

"Sin Gastar Tus Datos" = Without Data Charges

Go to a country without your worldwide data plan, buy an over the counter cell phone like the vast majority of locals do, and see how fast those data charges add up while you send photos and videos over all of the apps you listed :roflmao: Maybe then you will understand why Whatsapp is so popular.

Because you are dodging while simultaneously pretending to be right about something you are clearly wrong about, and also trying to dunk on me for it. El Ogro, Afoaf, and Deepwater all backed up what I said about Whatsapp being DATA CHARGE FREE in developing world countries, because only a tech supergiant like Facebook can afford to compensate the telecoms.
You are a moron.

1665253323885.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
"As long as you haven't exceeded your mobile data allowance" and "if you are roaming data charges may apply" means that it gets charged to your mobile data package/allowance . . . . that you pay for. As in it is not free . . .. . you fookin moron :roflmao: If you pay for a data allowance of 3 GB/month and you go over sending tons of videos, you get charged more on top of what you are already paying for cellular data.

The key difference, that you are either too dumb to understand or willfully ignoring, is that in literally dozens of foreign countries, using whatsapp does not count towards your data allowance because Facebook/Meta pays the telecom companies. This allows those telecom companies to offer data charge free whatsapp and facebook as an incentive for signing up with them. Therefore that subscriber could send unlimited gigs of videos over whatsapp and not get charged for any overages, whereas if they go over their allowance using any other apps (including messaging apps like Signal, Viber, etc) they will absolutely get charged over for it.

You are really struggling here.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
"As long as you haven't exceeded your mobile data allowance" and "if you are roaming data charges may apply" means that it gets charged to your mobile data package/allowance . . . . that you pay for. As in it is not free . . .. . you fookin moron :roflmao: If you pay for a data allowance of 3 GB/month and you go over sending tons of videos, you get charged more on top of what you are already paying for cellular data.

The key difference, that you are either too dumb to understand or willfully ignoring, is that in literally dozens of foreign countries, using whatsapp does not count towards your data allowance because Facebook/Meta pays the telecom companies. This allows those telecom companies to offer data charge free whatsapp and facebook as an incentive for signing up with them. Therefore that subscriber could send unlimited gigs of videos over whatsapp and not get charged for any overages, whereas if they go over their allowance using any other apps (including messaging apps like Signal, Viber, etc) they will absolutely get charged over for it.

You are really struggling here.
You are a moron.

It's literally taken from the WhatsApp FAQ page.

All the apps I listed provide the same fucking thing.

And it still has ZERO to do with what we are talking about.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You are a moron.
Again, please show me the links that say that all the apps you listed are data charge free in dozens of developing countries. You know, like the half dozen that I posted for WhatsApp and FB free basics :roflmao:

It's literally taken from the WhatsApp FAQ page.
Exactly what wording supports your point :ROFLMAO: Nowhere am I saying that any messaging app is not free to use when using a WIFI signal. However using whatsapp over a cell network gets counted towards your data allowance . . . . just like every other app. You either pay for a limited number of GBs, where if you exceed your allowance you get charged extra regardless of whatever app you are using, or you pay more for an unlimited data plan. Both, by definition, are not "free" because you are paying for data one way or the other.

This is what differentiates whatsapp and only whatsapp in dozens of developing world countries, because using whatsapp does not count towards any kind of data allotment. Several other posters have corroborated this.

All the apps I listed provide the same fucking thing.
They function as the same thing but THEY ARE NOT DATA CHARGE FREE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. Holy fook, do you even speak English? Do you even know what "Data Allowance" means? :poke: :roflmao:

• Haha