15,299 new cases in 1 day

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
a lot of the southern states have all these other bs taxes that the “high taxes” states don’t have.....county and local taxes, taxes on registering a boat, higher gas taxes, etc.
Registering an 82 foot Viking in Florida will cost you under $200. The Chairman of the Board gets screwed again!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I bet that thing gets great gas milage.

3000 gallons. Around 4 gallons/mile at cruising speed.

Summer of 2008 in Port Lucaya, there was some sort of snafu with fuel delivery and the fleet basically turned the West side of the interior waterway into a parking lot. High speed diesel pumps, like 4 of em, and the bills....

I want to say it was $5/gallon, and there were some full on surf trip fuel bills going down, as fast as they could dump deisel.

This 82 came equipped with the optional MTU 16V2000 M93, 2,400-horsepower diesels and got up on plane reasonably quickly, with virtually no bow rise. One moment you're idling and the next you're running at 30 knots. We topped out at almost 38 knots, though at more than 200 gph - that's not something you'll want to make a habit of. However, drop back to a realistic cruising speed of around 25 knots (1,750 rpm), and you burn 104 gph, providing a range of 676 nautical miles. Slow down to displacement range at night, and you'd have absolutely no trouble making it to Bermuda for the July billfishing series using only your built-in tanks.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Registering an 82 foot Viking in Florida will cost you under $200. The Chairman of the Board gets screwed again!

if I had a gajillion bucks I would blow it on boats

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Why are the people getting less sick now than they were a few months ago? Could it be that just like every virus it goes through society and the by and large the compromised die while the healthy recover?

Why don't we lock down every year during flu season....because just one life is too many? Are those tens of thousands of lives not worth the trouble? How do we decide?