1400 Dolphins Slaughtered in Faroe Islands

erik1938

Legend (inyourownmind)
Wow, I guess we get everything that we deserve, with respect to the fall of our society, climate change and future of humanity since we treat the earth and every other non human being with little or no respect.

Sometimes I wish that a giant asteroid would obliterate earth.

Reactions: keenfish

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Been happening in the Faroes since the 9th century.

Tons of historical opposition from foreigners.

Which makes me doubt the quote about it all going to waste... seems like too much work if it's all gonna be wasted.
Their regular catch on one of these round ups is 250.

What are they going to do with 1400+ carcasses?

Think about that when you see the number of people there that did it and how are they going to process 1400+ large animals??

Good luck!

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Isn’t there a bunch of research that suggests regular consumption of dolphin is super unhealthy? Or am I just thinking of the Cove movie?
big fish got mercury from eating little fish, that's why they say the little ones are the safest to eat (sardines, mackeral, anchovies etc.)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Their regular catch on one of these round ups is 250.
And yet in modern times there's been massive opposition to these roundups from foreigners.

So no matter how many there are people will still be upset.

What are they going to do with 1400+ carcasses?

Think about that when you see the number of people there that did it and how are they going to process 1400+ large animals??

Good luck!
I don't know, I do know they all have to be slaughtered there on the beach it seems.

There are plenty of people out there with freezers full of fish and wild game.

It seems there are a lot of missing details here.