14 Students and a teacher dead at a Texas Elementary School

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
I think a major failure in the reporting on many of these active shooter incidents is the emphasis on some bottom line body count.

We see 20 dead and 20 wounded until the next tragedy pops up, but gloss over the lifetime of PTSD and survivors guilt for the people that lived.

I’m sure the screams and shots were heard by children in the surrounding rooms and will likely haunt them for the rest of their lives.

You can fortify schools all you want, you have to get kids in and out of the building somehow. You also have to be able to safely evacuate in case of fire or other emergency.

Maybe schools would see better academic performance if kids weren’t spending time on active shooter drills and their fate wasn’t in the hands of a faulty door latch (surely not the fault of the screening process for obtaining weapons).

Reactions: Woke AF

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
That's the idealized vision of it while this is closer to the reality:

View attachment 130714

OK, well, at least in Florida.
This the range I belonged to before covid
Amazing group of people

Sheriffs dept trained there , they built 2 ranges down range from it and it is now closed for upgrades due to bullets landing there , its in the comments

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Reactions: Woke AF and afoaf

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Don't get your panties in a knot. I'm just trying to figure out your reasoning.

So the door company must pay?

But not the gun company?
Doors are not walls. They're intended to allow passage. Guns are not feather dusters, they're intended to kill people

Reactions: Woke AF

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site