14 Students and a teacher dead at a Texas Elementary School

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
What is registering going to do?

CA has draconian gun laws, yet there are still mass shootings

This kid bought legal, registered guns for this school shooting
How do you recommend making it harder or better yet, impossible for prospective nutbags to buy guns and shoot up schools?

Because the status quo sure isn't working.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
over a 3 day period an 18 yo can go buy enough firepower to hold off a bunch of local, state, and federal officers for an hour - great.

hey... you can too!
Shut the fuck up

He didn't hold anyone off

We saw cowardice in action

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
He also thinks we should have better infrastructure yet bitches about taxes and vote Republican. The dude is a complete mess.
Seen how much you pay in taxes lately?

There's a spending problem, not a revenue problem

How do you recommend making it harder or better yet, impossible for prospective nutbags to buy guns and shoot up schools?

Because the status quo sure isn't working.
Depends on how willing we are to violate the rights of the mentally ill and "prospective" mentally ill.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Depends on how willing we are to violate the rights of the mentally ill and "prospective" mentally ill.
What rights are you willing to prioritize over the safety of your children besides gun rights of course? You’re more threatened by a trans person taking a dump in the wrong bathroom than you are of your kids being shot. Thats weird.

Reactions: Aruka and mundus

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Gonna need a little crossover between hipaa laws and background checks.

And maybe, just maybe, if little Jimmy is torturing squirrels in the backyard, don't buy him a gun.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gonna need a little crossover between hipaa laws and background checks.

And maybe, just maybe, if little Jimmy is torturing squirrels in the backyard, don't buy him a gun.
How far do we want to take it? There's whole tent cities of mentally ill in every major city, yet people are always worried about their rights

What rights are you willing to prioritize over the safety of your children besides gun rights of course? You’re more threatened by a trans person taking a dump in the wrong bathroom than you are of your kids being shot. Thats weird.
All rights.

I'm not mentally ill or a criminal, I shouldn't have my rights violated because some people are, nor should my children

Don't make me bust out the quote about liberty and safety

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
How far do we want to take it? There's whole tent cities of mentally ill in every major city, yet people are always worried about their rights

All rights.

I'm not mentally ill or a criminal, I shouldn't have my rights violated because some people are, nor should my children

Don't make me bust out the quote about liberty and safety
Your right to what?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Seen how much you pay in taxes lately?

There's a spending problem, not a revenue problem

Reasonable restrictions aren't violations of one's rights.

Scalia on guns: "Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment right is not unlimited…. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Don't look at me on that one. They need to be swept, cleared, and consolidated outside of the public right-of-way. Treatment, jobs program, whatever, but fuck their squalor and theft. But I wouldn't let them have easy access to weapons of any kind.

If you are suffering from PTSD, no way you get a gun. Gobbling antidepressants? Nope. History of conspiracy theory/idiocy? Definite padded room.

Here's a good one. Take all the guns via buyback program and air-drop them on North Korea so we can see whether the uprising/2nd amendment experiment works over there.

Reactions: npsp

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
The DV issues the kid had before he purchased firearms should have raised red flags on background checks if there were actual, functional systems in place.

A waiting period would allow for better background checks.

How about the civil liberties of the dead children and their families?