100 year anniversary of the Tulsa Massacre.....

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Whatever hardships African Americans suffer they've brought upon themselves. They shoot each other, don't speak correctly, and invent unpronounceable names.

• Haha
Reactions: hal9000

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The people that were all about preserving history through a bunch of confederate statues seem less enthusiastic about preserving Tulsa’s history. :unsure:
Do you think preserving history is the motivation to make this a front and center story.........or is it being pushed in order to create division and turmoil? When was the last time democrats did anything to create unity in this country?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Do you think preserving history is the motivation to make this a front and center story.........or is it being pushed in order to create division and turmoil? When was the last time democrats did anything to create unity in this country?
Gave people money.

Feel free to refuse your stimulus check(s).

Even though it was written 40 years ago or so, I'd recommend you and ilk read Chesapeake by Michener. A lot of the racial issues discussed and government/moral corruption exposed in Watergate are rearing their heads again today.

Sorry about the fact you might have to learn history lest it gets repeated.

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Guaranteed Hal and the other erBB leftists had never heard of this Tulsa Massacre 48 hours ago. Now its a new talking point complete with memes.
Highlighting the romanticized teaching of American history isn’t the own you think it is. It is possible to be both proud of the good and ashamed of the bad actions of one’s country. Some people actually strive to learn from mistakes.

Reactions: Kento

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Gave people money.

Even though it was written 40 years ago or so, I'd recommend you and ilk read Chesapeake by Michener. A lot of the racial issues discussed and government/moral corruption exposed in Watergate are rearing their heads again today.

So stimulus checks is the best / only thing you can come up with in recent memory where you think democrats did something to promote unity? Honestly don't see that matter as a unity thing. Please try again.
Highlighting the romanticized teaching of American history isn’t the own you think it is. It is possible to be both proud of the good and ashamed of the bad actions of one’s country. Some people actually strive to learn from mistakes.
I think there is something more sinister at play here. Democrats are systematically attempting to divide people. They are promoting division in order to gain and maintain power. I'll ask again, when was the last time democrats did anything to promote unity and harmony. They are all division all the time.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Whatever hardships African Americans suffer they've brought upon themselves. They shoot each other, don't speak correctly, and invent unpronounceable names.
nothing a good set of bootstraps can’t remedy, right?

Gave people money.

One of my top 5 favorite books ever, it’s so fvkin amazing.

So much THIS.

Adding new factual information to the teaching of history neither erases nor changes history, it just tells a more complete story.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
So stimulus checks is the best / only thing you can come up with in recent memory where you think democrats did something to promote unity? Honestly don't see that matter as a unity thing. Please try again.
No, you said the "last time" and that was pretty damn recent, If it wasn't so great and made everyone happy/relieved, why are the Republicans who voted against it now trying to take credit for it?

Maybe your interpretation of unity is flawed? And just because something makes you think/reflect from an overall perspective, it isn't necessarily an attack on your values. Unless it is?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
No, you said the "last time" and that was pretty damn recent, If it wasn't so great and made everyone happy/relieved, why are the Republicans who voted against it now trying to take credit for it?

Maybe your interpretation of unity is flawed? And just because something makes you think/reflect from an overall perspective, it isn't necessarily an attack on your values. Unless it is?
i wish you a very safe and productive discussion

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca

I think there is something more sinister at play here. Democrats are systematically attempting to divide people. They are promoting division in order to gain and maintain power. I'll ask again, when was the last time democrats did anything to promote unity and harmony. They are all division all the time.
Unity. Lol.

The former guy set a pretty low bar, TBH.

89925CDA-ED0A-48A3-85F0-449A47E72CFD.jpeg

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I’m imagining someone getting offended that I highlighted the accomplishments of a few black, Latino, and female scientists in my class.

this would be a completely ridiculous thing to get upset about.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I guess we are to presume you did not "enjoy the long weekend."

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I still haven't gotten closure on why GromsDad's overlords prefer Magenta to Mauve. Or Cyan to Turquoise.
and you will never get to the bottom of it. He dodges questions even more than he dodges tubes.

Unity. Lol.

The former guy set a pretty low bar, TBH.

View attachment 110534
if we would have just United under the banner of the Orange Emperor, we’d finally have a great country and economic security. What is so difficult to understand here?

New talking points to the leftists went out over the weekend. Massacres.........gotta talk about massacres. It should be worth noting that the same trolls reposting about this massacre would be totally stoked if there were a massacre today of the uber wealthy. I bet if you dig back there is probably a thread here that uses the phrase kill the rich or some such trope.

Why are democrats putting so much energy into creating racial division? It seems to be their primary focus.
Democrats are creating racial division? It's not white people killing blacks that does it?

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Perhaps it’s because you don’t see the things Democratic lawmakers are promoting in a positive way.

Reducing restrictions on voting, taxing the wealthy, gun control, eliminating student debt, universal healthcare, social programs for the poor, paid parental leave, childcare programs, basically anything that uses tax dollars to help people rather than imprison, shoot or bomb them.

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and GromsDad