1/4/19 to 4/17/19: 4 contests at Pipeline, 3 contests at Sunset, 1 contest at Haleiwa

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
16 weeks, 8 contests. Still wonder why people are frustrated?

http://www.honolulu.gov/parks/program/182-site-dpr-cat/21046-north-shore-shore-water-event-information.html

In other news: WSL completely bluffing about boycotting Hawai’i.

Pipe Masters still scheduled for December for next three years.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
craigj532 said:

http://www.honolulu.gov/parks/program/182-site-dpr-cat/21046-north-shore-shore-water-event-information.html

So there’s only 3 surf spots on Da North Shore, brah?

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
Losing access to your favorite spots is one thing.

There’s also the crowds. The traffic. The dipstick pros choking other spots for months on end.

People work hard here, and they work a lot. All they want, in lots of cases, is to get a few waves without hassles when they get some time off. Imagine they best days at Rincon being blocked off for four straight months.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
The triple crown would be like having a 10,000 QS at T-Street, then a 10,000 QS at Uppers and then a WCT event at lowers in the 6 weeks period. Hundreds of pros there the whole time. You guys would be cool with that?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
the comments sound and feel like when the sovereignty movement started here
hundreds of years of begging and pleading the ha'ole to come and pass on his fortunes and then many generations later the what about me movements starts. Classic haves versus the have nots

what we see today started in the early 70's with everyone's blessing on the northshore except those hard working folk that didn't live there.

10-15 guys in the lineup at any spot back then was considered too crowded. Then certain people here got greedy

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I feel for you guys. Surfers are bad enough but swarms of contest surfers? F-that.

I guess I should be thankful our waves suck and the water is cold here. It's changing and becoming more crowded and kooked out ever year but at least we don't have contests to contend with.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
craigj532 said:

Wah.

Huntington sometimes has 3 different contests running at the same time.

South Jetty Oceanside has at least one a month.

Trestles, Church, Ventura Harbor, Ventura Point - Same.

Quit bitching.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
" 10-15 guys in the lineup at any spot back then was considered too crowded. Then certain people here got greedy"

Those be - THE ELITE SURFERS RAPING THE NORTH SHORE AND ITS WORKING RESISDENTS WITHOUT ANY RESISTANCE .

Hope this was clear . :wave2:

I surfed perfect Lanis on west swells all alone at one time :dancing:

Great times back then .

Yet if you had just moved there you would feel your in heaven not knowing how it was before .

Such a great place .

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Racer1 said:
The triple crown would be like having a 10,000 QS at T-Street, then a 10,000 QS at Uppers and then a WCT event at lowers in the 6 weeks period. Hundreds of pros there the whole time. You guys would be cool with that?
It would drive me nuts. It's bad enough seeing one comp here go live on the WSL, so what you guys have to put up with must be so frustrating. Before the comp, my friends and I were just hoping they'd get sh!t waves... :roflmao:

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
StuAzole said:
craigj532 said:

Wah.

Quit bitching.
This is absolutely true, it’s just that you’re not talking about world class surf spots
with world class pros clogging all of the surrounding lineups. It sucks, just maybe not
quite as bad.

ratfink

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 15, 2008
Texas Gulf de Mexico
craigj532 said:
Losing access to your favorite spots is one thing.

There’s also the crowds. The traffic. The dipstick pros choking other spots for months on end.

People work hard here, and they work a lot. All they want, in lots of cases, is to get a few waves without hassles when they get some time off. Imagine they best days at Rincon being blocked off for four straight months.
Yep

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
too bad there isnt a movement to take the north shore back

$ trumps all - bummer

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Truth said:
too bad there isnt a movement to take the north shore back
Peter Cole and the Surfrider Foundation established the original limits to surf contests. Gil Riviera ran the Let's Surf Coalition which has folded. Also have Defend Oahu Coalition and Keep the Country Country. People are trying, but big money is hard to beat.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
StuAzole said:
craigj532 said:

Wah.

Quit bitching.
These contest are all local surfers (pros and ams) who would be surfing those same spots anyway. Not a comparison.