“I just want to find 11,780 votes”

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i don't know what half of this thread is about, but this seems like the place for this:

this looks pretty clear-cut, but ianal....

As election law expert Rick Hasen noted at the time, there is no question that Trump was asking Raffensperger to manufacture enough votes to overturn the Georgia election on the basis of paranoid delusions. The former president’s call was thus not only corrupt, but very likely criminal. Under Georgia law, it is illegal to falsify any records used in connection with an election, or to place any false entries in such records. And any person who “solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person” to falsify voting records is guilty of “criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree.” The crime is a felony offense, punishable by up to three years in prison (and no less than one year). An individual is culpable even if they failed to induce fraud.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i don't know what half of this thread is about, but this seems like the place for this:

this looks pretty clear-cut, but ianal....
Damn, Rick Hasen's mind is in a bukakke orgy. Beset with penis. Completely and utterly mindf------d.

Also, we're dying because ten people got a vaccine rather than have the vaccine potentially go to waste.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
so @Surfdog showed up to post when he was tagged in the diversity in education
post, but was a no-show in the post he was tagged in where he loses his bet once
and for all....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
after denying the obvious and attempting to redefine both the meaning of words
and the manner in which the american legal system works, it just so happens that
everything shook out in precisely the manner which I have been stating for the last
four months and then....

crickets

@Surfdog

judgment filed... date of imposition of judgement 1/29

Reactions: mundus

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
after denying the obvious and attempting to redefine both the meaning of words
and the manner in which the american legal system works, it just so happens that
everything shook out in precisely the manner which I have been stating for the last
four months and then....

crickets
Not to pick nits, but there's nothing in that document referencing a conviction.

I told you previously that your bet was too vague to be enforced. In a trial, a defendant is convicted when the jury returns its verdict. In a plea, it's less clear and the timing of the conviction is a bit more nebulous and can change depending on the seriousness of the crime, the court (state or federal) and the circumstances surrounding the plea.

You probably still win this bet simply because surfdog sucks, but FFS, stop invading threads with it lol.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Not to pick nits, but there's nothing in that document referencing a conviction.

I told you previously that your bet was too vague to be enforced. In a trial, a defendant is convicted when the jury returns its verdict. In a plea, it's less clear and the timing of the conviction is a bit more nebulous and can change depending on the seriousness of the crime, the court (state or federal) and the circumstances surrounding the plea.

You probably still win this bet simply because surfdog sucks, but FFS, stop invading threads with it lol.
judgement date and formally entered plea to charges

that's the adjudication of the case in full right there

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I was wondering when afoaf was going to chime in on this CONVICTION bet we had.

I noticed the judgement document posted on Court Listener way back on Feb. 11, and crickets on it until now.

And as StuAzole mentions above, there's NO MENTION of conviction in the sentencing judgement doc.

"imposition of judgement" is not "conviction" or even "judgement of conviction".

The date of conviction is when he plead guilty, Aug 14, 2020 (on judgement doc), and judge accepted it in writing Aug 19.

Show me a document where "imposition of judgement" is the same as "judgement of conviction".

Imposition is "enforcement" of the judgement and sentencing.

Conviction happened 6 months ago.

You and I both know he was convicted back when he plead guilty. And that's what the bet was about.

Judgements and sentencing can take months, even years to complete, after conviction.

Look at Flynn's Court Listener doc, it's years long, AFTER he plead guilty to the original charge.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You and I both know he was convicted back when he plead guilty.
thank you for making this point...

his plea was formally entered on January 29th, 2020 and sentenced rendered

that is clearly specified in the linked filing...it's the first line of the document below
the headers.

The Defendant: pleaded guilty

it was also clearly specified in the August 19th appearance that the Decemeber 10th
hearing was scheduled for the purposes of formally entering the plea, conviction, and
rendering of sentence. the documents say as much...I have linked and quoted them
extensively

the only thing that happened in August was the submission of a plea agreement

1614882868500.png