“Head on a pike”.......seems like Shifty Schiff struck a nerve tonight.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
That's cool. Being born in a geographical place is a fascinating factoid.
reminds me of a few surfers at my local spot whose claims to fame is being a 3rd-generation local of this particular town.

They haven’t done anything with their lives but feel entitled to surf a particular wave because their grandparents worked hard to buy a house and provide for their families.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
reminds me of a few surfers at my local spot whose claims to fame is being a 3rd-generation local of this particular town.

They haven’t done anything with their lives but feel entitled to surf a particular wave because their grandparents worked hard to buy a house and provide for their families.
History has meaning. Roots have meaning.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
P.S.
This place would be more fun if we could start a thread where we call out our local surf scene members on their bullsh*t
I'd have trouble believing there's anywhere with more local bullshit than Santa Cruz, even Hawaii

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018

In NJ? LOL!!!!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I know, it is just super lame to claim tough guy local at the place with such shitty shitty surf.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I know, it is just super lame to claim tough guy local at the place with such shitty shitty surf.
I think it’s even worse when people only surf their one break and don’t make friends with people at other breaks and go surf at other places.

Isn’t it better to make friends and be able to surf anywhere you want?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I think it’s even worse when people only surf their one break and don’t make friends with people at other breaks and go surf at other places.

Isn’t it better to make friends and be able to surf anywhere you want?
People who actually travel are not usually the ones that claim local status.

It's always the been-nowhere kooks, who's only achievement in life is that they were born some place by sheer luck, that claim local status.

Nationalism is a helluva drug.

It eats on feeble brains.

Reactions: hal9000