Search results

1. coquearaujo

Endtimes for the Surfboard Industry?

You must be kidding. I know LOTS of surfers who tried to ride sandwich epoxy boards and they didn't like them so had to go back into riding short lasting PU/PE boards. By LOTS I mean: friends, customers, surfers I train, pro surfers... So, since you can't feel it, all of us are wrong. :cheers...
  2. coquearaujo

Obviously, fins are very important, but I don't think as important as to say they are "the most critical aspect of any modern shortboard". For me they're two separate things and both need to work properly and together. A good set of fins can't change a bad rocker, foiling or rails... Not even...
  3. coquearaujo

Shut up newbie, I've been here before Nep posted daily and Emiti was one of the girls in the BB...
  4. coquearaujo

Believe me: you're wrong. I just made two identical boards for myself and two identical boards for two team riders: same blank, same shape, same fin boxes. One with 4+4 deck and 4 bottom, the other one with 4 + tail patch deck and 4 bottom. All three of us could feel the difference, being the...
  5. coquearaujo

Just ask my customers: if you ask for a Firewire, I'll show you one and let you know which one I think will work better for you. But good luck finding one of my customers who can actually surf and that I pointed him into a Firewire. Different tools for different people: NSP Element...
  6. coquearaujo

It's funny that you'd pay that much for the sh1ttiest construction available, with no flex and a dead feeling and covered by a thick amount of resin... I've never seen an average / good surfer happy with a Lib Tech, and hate them myself. The only happy owners I see are windsurfers who surf...
  7. coquearaujo

Looks like the WSL hired a new head judge from Brazil

Glad yo see there's still some funny sh1t posted on the old erbb... :ROFLMAO: Good job Duffy!
  8. coquearaujo

Driver 2.0 vs Driver 3.0

True, but I didn't really see a different amount of concave of the 3.0 comparing the two boards I had.
  9. coquearaujo

Driver 2.0 vs Driver 3.0

It looks to me like it has a more accelerated kick in the tail but the rocker looks a bit flatter in the middle section. So, to my eye, the total rocker at the rear half would be almost the same but more concentrated towards the tail. Does that makes sense in my rusted English?
  10. coquearaujo

Driver 2.0 vs Driver 3.0

Haven't tried the 3.0 but felt one and to me it felt like: wider nose and tail, "wider sweet spot" with lower rocker before the kick at the tail: so looked to me like it could work on worse conditions than the Driver 2.0 (I also think the 2.0 is one of the best HP surfboards I ever tried). It...
  11. coquearaujo

...Lost Puddle Jumper PRO

That's exactly what I was thinking. Usually the gap between my every day boards and my small wave board is around 2L: 30.5 vs 32.5 L being 85 kg. BTW I'm really surprised that you guys like the Libtech construction. Feels like a dog to me and any other friend who cam actually surf.
  12. coquearaujo

*** Official Rip Curl WSL Finals Thread ***

Nice story, thanks for sharing. :) BUT, the thing here is that Filipe was able to be World Champion in a year he can't paddle into 8' walls at Teahupo and he didn't even need to try because this new system allows him to win the title in the very last event, no matter what, as long as he's in...
  13. coquearaujo

Yeah, that's the very same reason why he didn't paddle into waves the years he needed to have a good result in Teahupo to be in position to be a title contender... :drowning:
  14. coquearaujo

All of you comparing Tom Curren to Filipe Toledo have no clue of what you're talking about. First: no one gave sh1t to Filipe for not winning Teahupo, what we're talking is about a World Champion who doesn't even try to paddle a wave during his heat. So it's a World Champion who can't ride 8'...
  15. coquearaujo

the 6'0" Tom Eberly Joel Tudor fin thread

Fvck man, English is my third language, make it easy and give me a rest... Picture: Tuflite, wider pad than tail, keel twin fins out of place (on the front boxes of a quad), the wall could have a better paint job...
  16. coquearaujo

the 6'0" Tom Eberly Joel Tudor fin thread

Finally a picture where everything is wrong. Congrats mate. :waving:
  17. coquearaujo

Brownfish. Mid 90s.

Where's Emiti??? :beer:
  18. coquearaujo

Brownfish. Mid 90s.

That was the one on the police costume. She had a nice ass...
  19. coquearaujo

Mid Year Cut

If you spent years judging high level high performance surfing it's hard to figure why are you writing what you did... :rolleyes:
  20. coquearaujo

Mid Year Cut

Again, I understand you don't have much experience judging surfing: if it isn't easy judging a heat using a 0-10 scale it'd be much harder and unfair doing it with, said, a 0-6 scale. And yes: it's just surfing but it's quite hard to judge high performance surfing of the highest level. I know...