Search results

1. J

NJ Question

Used to surf States Ave. in AC back in the day (1972-1976). It was the premier break in South Jersey at the time, or close to it. I never hear anything about States anymore. Is it still good? Did the shortening of the Garden Pier cause its downfall?
  2. J

Lavallette in the '60s

There were two shops, Keller's and Custom Surf Shop. Custom was run by a hustler-looking guy named Joe Simo, I think. He sold a line of boards called Dusty Rhodes Surfboards that claimed to have been made in Manhattan Beach, Ca. (or did the logo just say "Manhattan Beach"?) I never saw a Dusty...
  3. J

East Coast Flatness

Looking at the Mantoloking cam today I wonder: Is there any other open ocean coastline that gets as flat as the NE East Coast? The flatness of the surf seems extraordinary. I know, the place can be fantastic, this isn't a dis, but it's hard to believe that such a huge body of water can be so...
  4. J

A-Hole HB lifeguards

At 11:30a.m., on 5/2/20 (check Surfline replay), see the HB city lifeguards dangerously using the patrol boats to harass surfers. One boat tries to back into the first peak lineup while the other boat purposely riddles the lineup to the north with boat wakes (and exhaust) to mess up the surf...