Search results

1. ocean7847

Big Island recommendations?

Killer trip! Already want to go back. Between family plans and juggling kids it was hard to get much away from base camp, but we managed a couple shorter excursions. All told, managed to fit in family beach sessions (and swim workouts) at hapuna a couple times, a trip up to waimea and it was...
  2. ocean7847

Flight heads out this week - so any last second suggestions, now’s the time! The surf looks basically flat the whole time we’re there (makes it easy - no wave chasing). Not sure exactly what’ll happen but will be happy to share a lil post-trip summary. Thanks for the recs!
  3. ocean7847

Heading to Big Island for the first time end of this month into next - will be staying in Waikoloa resort/condo-land area, north of Kona. Family trip sponsored by grandma, bringing all her kids and grandkids - we’ll be bringing an 8 and 2 y/o into the mix. Should be hectic! So, what’s the...
  4. ocean7847

rip mayor1

RIP. Ran into mayor1 years ago in a relatively distant lineup - a confrontation followed an SUP entering the lineup and snaking, showing bad etiquette, etc. I’d been aggrieved, things heated up, and this random guy jumped in on my side. SUPer took off. We end up chatting and realized we erBB’d...
  5. ocean7847

Surfing Liberia

I got a buddy who is out there all the time. One of the first to go there. Part of that film the whatsitbrothers did? I can connect you if you want.
  6. ocean7847

Shark Attack - Marin County

Because I won’t be caged by your system, man!
  7. ocean7847

Shark Attack - Marin County

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/sanfrancisco/news/marin-county-authorities-search-missing-swimmer-shark-attack/ That place is sharky AF - can’t believe you’d go for a swim there. RIP
  8. ocean7847

La Jolla Beach to Close for 7 Years - Protect the Seals

makes yah think… should we open up pristine sections of coast, that are currently inaccessible to the general “I won’t do anything if it’s difficult” public, so we can close it for a decade due to the public doing general public stuff? … just sayin
  9. ocean7847

Ok so, I asked for the pitch, I was curious, and I signed on the dotted line

Hey, uh, subway… do you get to invite guests??
  10. ocean7847

Makua Rothman is now a Rapper

Brah, you even know what thread we’re on?!
  11. ocean7847

Makua Rothman is now a Rapper

+100 - dude is a chode! Here in SC, it’s guys like Ruffo - multiple time convicted meth dealers - who get idolized. Cause you know, he had a sick top turn in ‘98. :socrazy:
  12. ocean7847

Happy birthday jkb!

cold bday sex?
  13. ocean7847

Really good wave boards

What the F@&$ is a good wave? You guys get to surf good waves? Where do you live? What am I doing with my life?! low rockered wide shortboards for life, homes, 2 foot to the moon.
  14. ocean7847

*** Official 2023 Community Surf Journal ***

Sh!t, I surfed 4 hours today, 2 hours yesterday, and 3 hours on Friday - all fun, clean, and enjoyable sessions (the last 2 hour session today was the winner). Remember when we used to surf? That whole thing?
  15. ocean7847

RIP Mikala Jones

goddamn. Loved his stuff, and attitude. Always the good ones going out too soon.
  16. ocean7847

Do you enjoy swimming in freshwater?

Lake swimming in California is the only open water swimming that is outside the food chain. I love it. I never relax swimming in the ocean around here, so I just stopped doing it - spring is for the pool.
  17. ocean7847

Leash strings

When packing for short notice Mexico trips, don’t forget to bring a towel … err, backup leash string. I’m bringing my favorite, you know, just in case.
  18. ocean7847

Jury Duty

Message me if you want legal advice.
  19. ocean7847

Questions for the Guitar and band guys

wow, pricey! (can’t judge though, I’m looking at the Styrmon Cloudburst since my reverb pedal is weak) honestly, have you looked at the boss rg-10r (see my board above)? It’s less expensive, has tons of drum tracks and you can import more from that internet thingy, it has a looper with a/b...
  20. ocean7847

Questions for the Guitar and band guys

bro, do me a solid and unscoop those mids! fell off a bit, 2 kids’ll do that to yah, but been busy on rig upgrades - here’s the latest… and I picked up a Vox AC4c1-12 … we really should jam soon @averagejoe