Search results

1. oneworlded

Hawk Vs. Wolf with Steve Hawk

Can't wait to watch this. Steve gave me my first chance at Surfer.
  2. oneworlded

Nope

So heavy. The Mundaka tho? Yep.
  3. oneworlded

Big Bear Eagle Cam

Mesmerizing. We just leave it on the tv. Momma’s getting pelted with snow right now. You think you have it tough? Go live in an exposed nest in a tree during a blizzard. She has a devoted hubby too. Covering like 5-6 eggs. Such Badass creatures...
  4. oneworlded

Buffett

Man, I was one lucky dude. You wanna know how Jimmy was? This is who Jimmy was. https://www.facebook.com/chris.dixon.3998/posts/pfbid0NeuLTm59xbCwpfkuuGtLeomXqbgRV2A3BjVfhQsN1K6AEVXpcjDHNzuDEBMqgYARl
  5. oneworlded

San O this spring

Looks like coming to Dana Point at the end of March and bringing my kid and maybe a friend. Had been thinking I'd be able to just post up in my mother in law's car and get some work done while they surfed San O or Church. Looks like that ain't an option now. I guess I could just borrow bikes...
  6. oneworlded

One of y'all bitches put me up to 500.

Goodreads: :4.00 stars. 499 Ratings. One of y'all put me up to 500 - and give me five damn stars! EDIT:Bonus points if one of you explains to this reviewer that 1: Only one woman, to my knowledge, has ever surfed Cortes - and she, to me, just earned a world record (Justine, last year). And...
  7. oneworlded

A cold new world...

So last week I started joining my grom in easing myself into the cold tidal creek water behind my house. Today I went to the beach and went swimming for a couple of minutes. Water was about 53 degrees. Got out and even tho the air was about 50 and windy, I felt all warm all over. TRIPPY. So I...
  8. oneworlded

Any of y'all ever see the 1979 movie "Dirt"?

It was filmed by my wife's dad Jim Deckard, who was also among the lunatics behind the Nat Geo film Polar Bear Alert where the dudes - including Jim - filmed bears from inside tundra shark cages. He also filmed a crazy Kuwait oil fires. documentary w/Red Adair. Oh, and was shot out of...
  9. oneworlded

What's your fave clickbait ad?

If you look at how Surfer.com is paying the bills--along with most other websites--you get reams of this stuff. How long til the erBB is festooned with them as well? This one's pretty good. I think it's Bohter's brother. Seversen would go.
  10. oneworlded

Lux and Poison Ivy - How we met...

Cramps 40 Watt Club. Feb 10, 1992. One of the greatest nights of my life. A truly great love story. Rest In Peace Lux. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/how-we-met-poison-ivy-and-lux-interior-1160320.html HOW WE MET: POISON IVY AND LUX INTERIOR Nicholas BarberSaturday 09...
  11. oneworlded

Profile I wrote on legendary surf photog Rob Brown from Cortes mission...

Based on the Cortes mission in January. Dude is a classic. And a badass. Enjoy. https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/voyaging/filming-the-biggest-waves-in-the-world-from-a-boat
  12. oneworlded

JBD (not JBDevlin) loses his kid.

Hey guys - some of y'all may remember erBBer JBD from JAX. He hasn't been on here lately. We went to elementary school together years ago in ATL. Anyway, he lost his kid. Posted this up on FB. If any of y'all are his buds, and even if you're not, I'm sure he'd appreciate a shout out during...
  13. oneworlded

What could possibly go wrong?

Just popped up on my Surfline page.
  14. oneworlded

Neighbor and I made The Qualified Captain today.

Folly Beach boat ramp yesterday. Not mine!!
  15. oneworlded

Mammoth/Trestles or Sebastian Inlet for Spring Break?

Erbb advice solicited. My son's spring break is April 9-15. We currently have a site reserved at Long Point campground at Sebastian Inlet with our surf neighbors and a few of my son's friends. LP is a pretty kick ass place if y'all haven't ever been. BUT my wife/daughter/mom in law will be on a...
  16. oneworlded

The Reef@Todos contest/1998

Pretty cool that someone posted this.
  17. oneworlded

So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

Looks like a little window of calm at Cortes before the next storm. 23feet at 18 seconds? That's some closeout material at Mavericks if I'm not mistaken too. Y'all been getting hammered.
  18. oneworlded

Admin again. Jackboots are fitted and ready.

Just kidding. But I am an admin again. Now if Surfer's brand new owners dare to contemplate shutting down the erBB, they'll have to go through Subway, R32 and the dude who started up the erBB in the first place. https://www.axios.com/2022/12/13/arena-group-buys-mens-journal-adventure-sports
  19. oneworlded

Cape Town SA - erBB wisdom?

About to head out on my first trek to SA. Gonna test a couple of badass boats and one of the dudes who works for the company is a surfer. I'm nursing a healing meniscus so I don't want anything heavy, but I'd sure love to catch a few cruisers somewhere around Cape Town and not get attacked by a...