Search results

1. R

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I put mine around my neck and then down my back, in between my shoulder blades. Don't really notice it.
  2. R

Been using these for years when I travel. Good for keeping electronic rental car keys with you when you don't know the area well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHKD9R2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  3. R

Yeah I'm a big believer in smoothskin which is why some of the cheaper Yamamoto suits scare me. I was a diehard Xcel Drylock person till they started to suck a few years ago so I moved to a Psychotech for my 5/4 hooded and a Vissla for my 4/3 hooded which is smoothie just on the back and feels...
  4. R

Need a new 4/3. Thinking about a Colby +, the Vissla with the U-zip, or maybe a Feral or Crooked or Isurus. I've had good luck with Vissla's though the newer ones seem to be thinner than the older ones at the same stated thickness. My old 4/3 without a hood feels way thicker than the newer 4/3...
  5. R

Boards for Mexico Southern Points

If it's just head high-ish or a bit bigger anything works. It's basically perfect. Fish, daily driver, alt whatever, it's all good. A lot depends on swell direction, where exactly you are, etc. Last time I surfed it overhead with a big swell running, there was a lot of water moving around and I...
  6. R

Reflective board bags - very few manufacturers making them?

I travel with 2 boards max both in day bags inside a creatures of leisure double. No extra foam or padding. The Creatures bags are light themselves and I only put the minimal amount of extra stuff in the bag (leashes, wetsuit, fins, towel). Keeps things light for me and the baggage handlers and...
  7. R

...Lost Board builder WTF?

Maybe they are actually factoring that in...
  8. R

...Lost Board builder WTF?

I would assume the problem will actually occur between when you submit your order and when/if you actually receive it if Lost's past performance is any indication...
  9. R

What’s your favorite OTR Daily Driver

My old RNFs (when the year was actually the year it was and not part of the model name) seemed to want a bigger wave to get going. They weren't really grovelers. Using them as twins they worked from about waist plus to overhead. Only issue I had with them was on fast, steep waves, too much water...
  10. R

Your current two board quiver

7'0 egg based off a Takayama Howard Mini with added double concave through the fins 2 + 1 6'4 Ghost shapes Ghobra channel bottom round pin twin
  11. R

Leash recommendations

I like Da Kine comp leashes, I usually snap one every few years on a big day when I'm too lazy to switch to a non-comp leash. Snapped one at Huntington Cliffs this year around X-mas on a big closeout day where I got caught right in the wrong place. Wisely bought a new non-comp before I found...
  12. R

Pyzel Mini Padillac

New York and some Jersey. The more chunky LI beach breaks rather than reefs out east. The tail looks really narrow to me but he swears by it. Also took it down to baja during the big swells around New Years. Surfed sizeable Cerritos (10-12') and some other places around there with him and he was...
  13. R

Pyzel Mini Padillac

A friend of mine has a 6'0 Ghost and a 6'4 MP. He travels a lot but has been surfing east coast beach breaks mostly lately and hasn't ridden his Ghost since he got the MP.
  14. R

Pyzel Ghost?

It is a wide point forward board so it's meant to be ridden fairly compact. I'm 5'10 x 165 and I'm happy with my stock 6'0. My previous step up was a 90s 6'8 Aloha which has like 8" of useless narrow rockered nose so it paddles about the same. When I bought it I was riding shorter boards but...
  15. R

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Depends how you define tiny crap. For me it's got to be about waist high for it to be fun on a mid. But if it's less than that, I generally don't surf anymore. Basically you need a bit of a wave. They don't have the mass of a longboard or the slipperiness of a mini sim. I have the most fun when...
  16. R

Was it windy? A 3 hour session in 44 degree water is solid. The deal breaker for me with these more flexible suits isn't so much the water temp but the outside temp and wind. Seems like the more flexible, the more the wind cuts through them when it's cold and that's what really sends you home...
  17. R

Skipper's Surf Review: Is it time to stop hating?

Think the original 5'5 x 19 1/4" came out in '97. The original board was shaped in '96. I remember seeing it on video when I was shooting pool at Yogis in Cardiff and it blew my mind.
  18. R

None of those people would have set foot in Bushwick back then. They were just discovering Williamsburg.
  19. R

Again, no it's not time to stop hating. Continue hating. The guy sucks on many levels.