Search results

1. B

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Didn't see one started yet, so I wiil do the honors. Today the waves were in the smaller range compared to the last few days to start the new year. Head high sets with some backwash at a spot nearby, paddled the 7'2 kenson twinzer for an easy session, got some fun rights and a couple lefts...
  2. B

Hilary, wind, rain, swell?

So socal and baja peeps are you doing anything to get ready for the winds and rain from Hilary? TFAD and I live in the same zone and both of our houses are in the lowest part of our respective blocks and can be prone to flooding during major rain events. I'm clearing my drains and have 2 pumps...
  3. B

Fires in Maui

News look horrible, Lahaina burning to the ocean.
  4. B

Earthquake mainland Mexico?

Anyone hear anything, just came home for lunch and heard it on the radio. Sounds like Tecoman is near the epicenter? Have some friends down there.
  5. B

Hurricane Agatha 1st Pacific Hurricane hitting Oaxaca

Check out the Puerto Escondido surf cams, big storm sets. forecast is not good for that zone, lots of wind and rain.
  6. B

Tsunami warning

Volcano erupted near Tonga. Just woke up but a buddy I was going to go surf with sent me a text about tsunami warning west coast around 7 or so?
  7. B

My kid came out 8 years ago today.

Camping down at the local beach she finally stood up on a wave! Goofy foot? What ? No! I cut some stencils and made her a t shirt to remember the day. I support her being a goofy foot.
  8. B

Boat fire off Tamarack

Checking surflie and looks like a coast guard cutter en route.
  9. B

Earthquake?

SF peeps?
  10. B

Ordered a board for my birthday - SK Dealers choice!

So I got a hold of Stu Kenson and asked can you make me a board for my birthday (in a couple months). He asked what do you want? I said I don't know but I'm not paddling very well but my surfing is still pretty good. He said ok give me some time and it will be ready soon. I have no idea what...
  11. B

rescued this herbie fletcher at the dump

my bro in law was making a dump run and a group near dumped a trailer and drove off and he noticed what looked like a surfboard in the debris, as the tractor was coming to push it in he ran over and grabbed it. we are gonna restore it and it will ride again for our groms and us old geezers too...
  12. B

erbb on Surfer Jeopardy

I noticed at least one erbb member is in the finals of Surfer Jeopardy, I didn't know there was such a thing but saw an email this morning and clicked the link and lo and behold Hanger 18 is one of 12 online finalists to compete for a firewire board tonight live on the internets. any other...
  13. B

Red tide - We Ride?

So I've been surfing from the border up to oside and the water is pretty nasty from the red tide, which seems to have started after the big rains a few weeks back. So Cal guys - how is the water at your local? I walked into a spot near my house the other day and there were dead croaker every...
  14. B

pandemic, now flooding, Locusts? anyone anyone?

Got over three inches in Leucadia since yesterday, there is a creek running through my back yard, happens oncee every 5 or 10 years when the whole neighborhood can't absorb anymore water and the natural swale sends it all into my back yard, i've fixed the drainage over the years but this a...
  15. B

adventures with unemployment benefit depts. covid 19 edition

so my wife was laid off of both her jobs and filed for unemployment benefits here in CA. they sent a confirmation letter stating she would be getting 450 a week, but then she checked online and it listed a $300 or so deduction so she is getting like 150 a week, trying to call in a speak to a...
  16. B

small quake?

felt a little shake just now? n county san diego