Search results

1. B

*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

borrowed my buddies DK twin fin swallowtail yesterday and went to a local beachbreak that looked fun, first wave I popped up and had my foot too far back and went through the swallow tail as I late dropped on a right did the splits with the board right up in me as I was going down, I swung my...
  2. B

windy afternoon yesterday but nobody at a reef that was organized enough to grab some fun waves in the sloppy conditions, kind of like a mogul run trying to find the right lines to connect the dots and tag a section here and there, got sucked over the falls on a failed duck dive, that was a...
  3. B

beautiful sunny afternoon, not much surf but super clean in the early afternoon, not too many sets, but enough, paddled around on the 9'4 and got some fun waves, i was out there having fun, in the warm california sun
  4. B

had my tuesday mid morning window, tide was kind of high but found a reef I like and the only guy out caught one in as I paddled out. rode the pleasure pig for an hour and a half and only 2 other people joined me, nothing special but got a few frontside runners and got to do a few turns.
  5. B

The official total solar eclipse thread

winter 1992 surfed del mar rivermouth at sunset during a total eclipse, it was really cool. Looked in to the beach after getting a good ride and there were hundreds of people on the beach and the cliff, they didn't even seem impressed with my wapow, so pitted. Coworker went to Texas for the...
  6. B

Earthquake

This reminds me. Everyone in the ffball erbb league still owes me tshirts. Except you.
  7. B

***The Official Retirement Post***

I’m trying to decide if I want to pour pints a few days a week or sell wax at a local surf shop when I am done but still waiting for my younger wife to retire.
  8. B

what'z on the menu?

A little cedar plank salmon
  9. B

The official intuitive astrology thread

This could be Your Year
  10. B

The official what is the most expensive thing next to you at work thread...

The most expensive thing next to my work is a homeless overnight parking lot. I thought it was a bad idea to put it next to a middle school, but so far the students haven’t hurt any of them.
  11. B

fun spring break surf mon,tuesday, water temp dropped a little, busted out an old kenson swallow tail quad out of my surf shed after selling another kenson to the board source on monday, rinsed off the mud line on the tail from the yard flooding earlier this year and decided this one is staying...
  12. B

***The Official Retirement Post***

Congrats. I will probably retire next may. Was almost going to this may but one more year will be easy and lucrative. Teaching allows you to train for retirement every summer. I am not one of those people who wonder what they are going to do when they retire, I’ve been practicing every summer...
  13. B

Buying a CPO vehicle

Do Chief Petty Officers sell their cars often?
  14. B

Let's get a few things straight.

Jesus rides beside me, never buys any smokes
  15. B

First surf this week after getting great waves all last week, nothing special but my favorite little reef had a minor crowd and I was able to sit outside and pick the set waves, went from glassy to slightly textured but not too windy. kenson 5'9 quad was the right board for the day. Let's go...
  16. B

a little bigger yesterday than wednesday, paddled out at the same spot as the day before and got a banger left right off the bat underneath my two friends who were already out, then as I almost got back outside another one dredged up and swung wide and the outside guys missed it and I late...
  17. B

tuesday i had a mid morning window and waves were clean and better than expected, the early morning crowd was clearing out and I got some waves right off the bat, then a 20 minute lull kind of killed the enthusiasm, got a few more before I had to head back to the factory. yesterday leaving work...
  18. B

Usually skip Saturday mornings but a friend called and said lets go, ended up at a spot that had minimal people around and super fun peaks, surfed for two hours on the 5 10 Kenson pleasure pig and got some good turns, floaters, and my first 360 of the year. Fun waves all week.
  19. B

Take a Helicopter Tour. It Will Be Fun They Said

They had bar nuts, but they tasted like listerine. So weird
  20. B

mid morning yesterday the wind was blowing offshore pretty good when I paddled out, my 4/3 was wet and cold so I went for the warm/dry 3/2 and actually was pretty cold and stiff after an hour and a half. surfed my favorite reef spot and it was really fun, a little too peaky on some sets but got...