Search results

1. R

Greg Griffin Thrusters

Sold to kpd73. Santacruzin is the beneficiary should things not work out. Thanks fellas!
  2. R

Greg Griffin Thrusters

Got a thruster set that GG crafted for a DIY board I made. Sides = 4 5/8”H 4 3/8”Base. Center 4 1/2”H base 4 1/8”. $60 and I’ll pick up shipping in the lower 48.
  3. R

How's the bond market?

We’ve been in a bond bear market since last year. In fact it’s the first time that both the stock market and bond market have fallen together since maybe the 40’s. Thing about bonds/bond yields is that they tend to move in a generational way. The bond bear market that started in 1946...
  4. R

***Official Real Estate Thread***

Thought we were talking about buying SFHs
  5. R

https://www.blackrock.com/us/individual/insights/buying-houses-facts
  6. R

The article starts with Blackrock (which isn‘t in this game) and then turns to Blackstone, a different company all together. Invitation Homes (INVH) is a REIT that went public around 2017. By regulation REITs have to pay out 90% of its income to investors. REITs own everything, so this is...
  7. R

How’s the stock market?

Roth distributions aren’t taxed by the state (at least CA) assuming you‘re at least 59 1/2 and you‘ve had the Roth for 5 years. The money going into your Roth is taxed by both Feds and State. That includes doing the Roth conversion I mentioned earlier.
  8. R

How’s the stock market?

You’re right. I think I said that but wasn’t clear. When you do the conversion, the amount you move from the IRA is taxed as ordinary income in the year you move it.. But once it’s in the Roth, everything that comes out is tax free, including the gains. When you do the conversion there‘s a...
  9. R

How’s the stock market?

Although your salary limits you from contributing to a Roth, you can convert any amount from an IRA to a Roth IRA. Kind of a loophole. So even if you make too much, you can call your broker and have them move your money from an IRA to Roth. It’s taxed as ordinary income so it‘ll probably...
  10. R

How’s the stock market?

Required Minimum Distributions start at 72, probably moving to 75 before long. 59 1/2 is when you can start taking 401k/IRA distributions without penalty. Roth IRAs don’t have RMDs. I‘ll be 2 years retired in June. My retirement wasn’t Covid related but I used it to my advantage. So...
  11. R

The Official OBSF Support Group

Hey RG. It’s going alright. I’m a couple years into retirement (sure beats working) and as Doof alluded to, we’re moving south soon, somewhere between SF and the Mexican border. Going where the weather suits my clothes as the man said.
  12. R

The Official OBSF Support Group

This woke my up out of hibernation long enough to point out that the “Domond” in Playing Doc’s Games is the erBB’s most legendary LeeD. “Edwin, who has been silently watching the ocean from behind mirrored sunglasses, erupts. “I have an idea,” he announces. “Let’s form a support group. I’m not...