Search results

1. M

Old Man Groveler

I haven’t surfed the Lib Tech version so can’t help you with this. When comparing the OG Bean Bag to the SP2 I do like the SP2 more. It is more agile and has more snap which helps in small beach breaks.
  2. M

Old Man Groveler

Old man groveler: Firewire Dan Mann Sweet Potato II 5'4 Me: 50y, 5'11, 172 lbs I use the sweet potato II for the smallest days. Way better board than expected. Have used in the past for these conditions - Lost Bean Bag > I do prefer the tail of the sweet potato II compared to the Bean Bag -...
  3. M

Basque Country

French holidays are always until the end of August. From then on crowds taper off. Early September until late October is an excellent period to visit. The water is still really warm and weather is good. Waves are picking since autumn storms are tracking the Atlantic. This is by far the best...
  4. M

Basque Country

I live in Europe and we do several trips in spring, early summer and autumn to this part of Europe. Not so often during summer because of too many people, crazy prices and smaller waves. In case you have more questions, let me know.
  5. M

Basque Country

Yep, that's the one. Just in front of Playa Zurriola. The have a good collection of boards for sale and always some rentals. You can park almost on the beach in the Kursaal parkhouse (100 meters west of the Pukas store). It is nowadays easier to enter the city from the east and park in the...
  6. M

Basque Country

November... Can be really good, but can be stormy as well. But when he is flexible, he will normally be able to score some back tot back swells. The train connection between Paris and Biarritz is excellent and from Biarritz/Bayonne there are several busses going to Hossegor. There is a local...
  7. M

Sharpeye Surfboards

Which fins is everyone using on his Disco Cheater? I am especially curious what you are using for bowly beach breaks. And for weaker mushier conditions.
  8. M

RNF '96 or Twinsman?

What volume do you surf your RNF? Your DD/hpsb volume? Or do you add some extra foam?
  9. M

Step up in XTR?

Question for my son. He is traveling around the world this year. He had a Ghost in PU and still has an Inferno in XTR. He is now leaning towards ordering a step up (Ghost (Pro), 77+, Step driver, Happy Traveler/Black Beauty) in XTR. He loves his Inferno in XTR but some people do scare him off...
  10. M

RNF '96 or Twinsman?

Thanks for the input so far and the 10 foot hijack ;). Will probably go for the RNF 96 in XTR.
  11. M

RNF '96 or Twinsman?

In case you have surfed both, what is your opinion? In what conditions did you ride them?
  12. M

Inferno FT Review?

5'11 * 19 5/8 * 2 5/8 = 30.77 liter
  13. M

Inferno FT Review?

14. M

Inferno FT Review?

True, but I mean mushy, mushy waves.
  15. M

Inferno FT Review?

From Xhapeland in Portugal. Will post some pictures when I am home.
  16. M

Inferno FT Review?

Tried them first with a Feather fins AM copy in the front and their standard quad rears in the back. But that didn't work for me. Decided to give the Rasta quads a try. Bingo! Worked way better on my backside turns and felt less stiff.
  17. M

Inferno FT Review?

I have one in carbon. Like it. It is fast, like really fast and turns really well. But it does need a wave with some punch it. Once one a wave with punch you can make (almost) every section because of its speed. I do have a futures set up by the way and my carbon version is produced in Portugal.
  18. M

Sharpeye Surfboards

The Storms Twin with a stabilizer/trailer option.
  19. M

Sharpeye Surfboards

From an obscure surf website in Japan. https://www.4kidssurf.com/post/預購-sharp-eye-surfboards
  20. M

Sharpeye Surfboards

Could be a graphic illusion. Due to the blue rail you don't see the white deck that sharp on the Cheat code while the deck of the DC has this grey/shadow color.