Search results

1. youcantbeserious

Searching for Tom Curren

So I took my kid to see a re-release screening of Searching for Tom Curren at Honolulu Academy of Arts last night for the 25th anniversary of this film. First, it was great to see a surf film in a theater. Tom was there, and sat for a quick discussion at the end that was funny and poignant and...
  2. youcantbeserious

Deleted

deleted
  3. youcantbeserious

Samoa in January

Any info? Thinking about a 50th birthday trip, taking my two sons.
  4. youcantbeserious

Kooks aren’t harmless

My kid got stretchered off the beach, ambulance to Queens today after tweaking his neck. No feeling in limbs for two hours. X-rays and CT scan, luckily he’s going to be okay. All because some KOOK on a Wavestorm thought it would be so fun to surf Gas Chambers, even though they have no clue how...
  5. youcantbeserious

CI Fish

Anybody tried one? I just got a free one, pretty brand new, but no fins. So I gotta buy fins which are like $100. I have dabbled in fishy boards before and like them in small doses. So for all you fish aficionados, is the CI Fish any good? Or should I get rid of this thing?
  6. youcantbeserious

LA bro bros

I am in town for a week for work, leave Saturday. They got me a room in Hollywood but I have my van with boards and a wetsuit and will travel. Wave/winds look iffy??? But I am down for dawn patrol if anyone is keen.:shaka:
  7. youcantbeserious

The surf media feeding frenzy has turned the entire North Shore in to a contest zone and it sucks

Contests without waiting periods every recreational surfer gets to be involved in whether we like it or not. Bull$hit of the highest order. Virtual Triple Crown WOTW Red Bull women's thing Our kids can't go to school and these fvcks have the audacity to pull this crap day in and day out...
  8. youcantbeserious

Hawaii's Beaches Are Disappearing

Interesting interactive article documenting beach loss on Oahu due to seawall construction. My son does this stuff, he just did a NOAA fisheries project for Oahu using the same program (ARC GIS). Cool way to present data. Hawaii's Beaches Are Disappearing
  9. youcantbeserious

Blank shortage

So... blanks are scarce out here, at least oversized blanks. My boards are thick, so I’m looking at quite a wait for a new 6’4” and 6’9” I just ordered. Just picked up one of Twiggy’s 9’0”s from last year as a big Sunset board, but other than that I am hearing “long wait on all new customs.”...