Search results

1. J

Search Function sucks

Use Google search like this site:forum.surfer.com minigun step up
  2. J

Album Surfboards

Opps word ordering - doing too much at work, Freewing is the thruster version of the Disorder. Edited and fixed.
  3. J

Album Surfboards

@Goofy_Footed 's disappearing message - haha - worst surf conditions for VSBM and Freewing I have surfed the VBSM in summer conditions in waist-chest wind swell and had a good time. I have also surfed in similar conditions with the Freewing, and less fun. The VBSM and Freewing have similar...
  4. J

Album Surfboards

I don't want to take away from Stamps, but I didn't jive with this board. It was pretty wide for its length, yet had a performance element to it with rails and lowish volume. It almost felt like it needed a better wave, and if the wave was better this wasn't the board I wanted to surf. I prefer...
  5. J

Album Surfboards

Bobby - it is a great board; it went well in Costa Rica when conditions warrantied it. It's his Nirvana model. His Wild Thing model is better for more DD conditions; chatting with him now about this.
  6. J

Album Surfboards

Paint it red and ship it to @ReForest - haha
  7. J

Album Surfboards

Last spring, I wanted to dial in my shortboard thruster. Like many of you, I wasn't considering Album for this type of board. I interacted with Stamps, got a nice mini quiver. He was absolutely great to deal with. The Stamps Flare remains one of the best small wave shortboards (will never get...
  8. J

Album Surfboards

Good question - I got rid of my Plasmic sometime ago. For what appeals to me, I prefer the End as it supports a narrower outline. I don't like paddling wide blunt boards around that much. The Plasmic is fairly wide. The End is closer to the Plasmic EAST being narrower. The 5' 6" End is...
  9. J

Album Surfboards

Haha - true, overstatment on my end, it wasn't a full quiver revamp - haha, more of shorter board revamp, regardless its not cheap. Luckily I got rid of a number of them before the used market dropped off. I hate selling stuff, and I prefer to sell to a friend at deal.
  10. J

Album Surfboards

Disorder - asym nose, and like it. There is some cool functionality to it that I appreciate (picture relative to the Bom Dia) I still have the BomDisaster; I like this board, no plans to get rid of it anytime soon. The waves have been really good for some time now, so I haven't surfed the...
  11. J

Album Surfboards

I updated the quiver over the last year… generally increasing length and thickness, less so in width. Anyway, here are a few thoughts on them. The 5’ 10”x19.25x2.38” Freewing is a favorite of mine. Though it can be fun in smaller waves, it excels with waves more push. It has more performance...
  12. J

Album Surfboards

Similarly, I have had more success on dims that differed from stock. Even the current Twinsman for sale on the website for Josh Kerr is different at 5'4" x 18.75" x 2.25" (27 Liters). My Twinsmans (all work great): 5'8"x18.9"x2.38" swallow , 5' 10"x18.5"x2.38" round pin, and 6'5"x18.6"X2.56"...
  13. J

Tomo MPH

thanks, so what did you order?
  14. J

Album Surfboards

5' 7" x19.75x2.5 - 30.3L Flare Vs. 5' 6"x19.6"x2.6" 33.2L End
  15. J

Boards Ridden in 2023

2023 highlights instant connection/works damn well - 5' 7" Flare, 5' 9" VB Secret Menu, 6' 0" VB Secret Menu step-up boards that I want to surf - 5' 10" Freewing, 6' 0" End, 5' 8" AP Twinsman Other notable boards (more speciality) - 6' 2" Ledge, 5' 3" Sunstone Hovercraft, 5' 5" BomDisaster
  16. J

Album Surfboards

I think you might like a short End model, it is based off a mini-simmons. I am still figuring this board out and need more surfs on it.This what Jack Freestone has been surfing. The rounder tail and something about the fascination quad fins frees the board for speed and turns. For small waves...
  17. J

Album Surfboards

Sorry, not many surfs on it, as the waves have been pretty solid and some traveling. I kind of wish I had it on my trip. So far, it is pretty good, and I like it. It works across pitchy beach breaks, fun waves with some walls, and head-high soft waves. The size definitely influences the...
  18. J

Album Surfboards

First surf on the 5' 8" AP Twinsman - guess call it the narrower AP Twinsman. It went very well, maybe it was that I was surfing under the moonlight and had the Asher Pacey vibe. It was beautiful, clear morning, it is so cool surfing under moonlight. The volume-forward lower rocker made catching...
  19. J

Album Surfboards

Here are some rocker numbers for comparison...measured with a level... The Reforest Red 5' 8" AP Twinsman nose 3.25"; tail 2.13" 5' 10" roundtail Twinsman nose 4"; tail 2.13" 5' 11" Moonstone - nose 3.75"; tail 2.25" 6' 2" Ledge nose 4"; tail 2" 6' 3" Townsend nose 3.5"; tail 2" Actually, I...
  20. J

Album Surfboards

Crossing -posts - yeah I think this is some sort of modified AP version - though narrower. I asked for beaked nose based on the VB Secret Menu.