Search results

1. J

Best foil for beginners, 2022 version?

Based on the recommendations from the Progression Project, I bought a Takuma 1300 LOL as my first foil back in Nov. 2020. I matched that up with a KT 4'4" foilboard at 34L. At 140 lb. the 1300 LOL was a horrible choice. Even with the mast set all the way at the back of the boxes, there was...
  2. J

Sharks and foilers

I lurk over at the SeaBreeze foil forum and they had the story of a SUP foiler doing a downwinder getting killed by tiger shark. The link is French, but I was able to use Google translate to translate the story. Someone in the report is assuming the humming of the foil attracted the shark...
  3. J

Dock Starts

On the 7/26/20 Progression Project Podcast, Dylan Wichmann recommended doing dock starts to improve pumping and to learn how to do breach turns. So I was recently in the Perris Lake area, and I stopped off at the boat launch to practice my dock starts. I was using the Takuma 1300 LOL with...
  4. J

Watch / App for recording wave length and speed

What watch and app are you guys using for recording wave length and speed? This is for prone foiling. I have too many wrecks to even think about keeping my iPhone on me. I've been using a Garmin Fenix 5 and the Surf Tracker2 app for the past couple of years. While I'm foiling/surfing, the...
  5. J

Efoil vs jetski for complete beginner