Search results

1. F

Best foil for you.

Olaian sent me one of those as I've been teaching foiling for some time now. I think it is a good way to learn, not the foil you want to buy, but the one you want to rent or use for learning with an instructor. I think for surf foilong you don't need to spend time behind a boat or on an efoil...
  2. F

Best foil for you.

Nice try, you will get it pretty soon for sure. I remember the bumps can be very good, I wish I could do it with you, seems like foiling in the area has changed since I left.
  3. F

Best foil for you.

Interesting, what mast size are you using, I wish there is a 29.5", so I have to decide between 28 or 36.
  4. F

Best foil for you.

Anybody can give a review between Unifoil 170 to Lift HA 170 ? Any review of the Lift 120 ?
  5. F

Best foil for you.

Going to ???????? I tried the Unifoil Hyper 150 yesterday, strong on shore wind so not good for pumping anyway. This wing is super fast and hold the turns really nicely, it is also way easier to hit the foam which was nice, I can see potential especially for carnking turns. But I need to see if...
  6. F

Best foil for you.

No I haven't, my friend has it, he likes it very much et he rips (he is really good anyway) but just like Mizo, he is a fone team rider. Even I trust those guys they don't try many things on the side and they are not allowed to say bad comments about their brand.
  7. F

Best foil for you.

Have you tried the Unifoil 190 ?? It is way faster than the 210 but still easy lift.
  8. F

Best foil for you.

Yes, but I don't see myself going back to bigger foil 1260, and the 900 might be too small. Actually I know what I want which is the Hyper 150 with 2cm more cord (about 1000cm2).
  9. F

Best foil for you.

Where I live, there is even less energy than CA, we ride with thick wetsuit (5mm + booties and hood) and my albatross 165 works good. Like I said we need to get used to it, make what we have work and maybe stop looking for the magic unicorne foil (which doesn't exist, the Kujira is definetly not...
  10. F

Best foil for you.

I'm gonna stay with my albatross 165, play with different tail wing (I just got A KD 13'5). I will wait for the Unifoil Viper (a hybrid between vortex and hyper).
  11. F

Best foil for you.

I was struggling a lot, but once again, I think there was someting wrong, maybe foil placement (too far back ??) or the mast shim (seems the front wing was pointing down). I have another friend who has the same board as my another friend, and he can pump easily the 980 so I guess there was...
  12. F

Best foil for you.

yes...
  13. F

Best foil for you.

I tried the Kujira yesterday, well it didn't go so well, I struggled a lot. I think it wasn't dialed it good, something wrong. I could tell it would turn great, really loose, easy to roll rail to rail. But the pumping was hard at low speed. Seems that the faster you go the easier it gets (both...
  14. F

Best foil for you.

I shoule be able to try the Kujira 980 tomorow, I used to have the Axis 900, now I have Sig albatross 165 (which I really like). I will let you know what I think.
  15. F

Efoil vs jetski for complete beginner

Yes go to Carlbad lagoon, then you can also I guess launch from an harbor going slow not flying, just go slow to the outside if there is not too much swell.
  16. F

Efoil vs jetski for complete beginner

I owne a Efoil (PWR, french company), super easy to use. I have it mostly for business, to get people learn to foil quick, instead of having to use a boat or a jet ski. Efoil is fun but only on flat water water and to be honest you get bored pretty quick, it is fun but I don't use it everyday...
  17. F

Foil Session Logs

My home spot :
  18. F

Best foil for you.

One of the most important thing is the construction. The connexion between the board and the foil has to be strong and responsive. Same with the deck, if it is too soft, the transfer won't be as efficient. This is why carbone board are so polular. I don't think the shorter, the better. I've...
  19. F

Let's Talk Foil Safety

Looks like Jeffrey Spencer is wearing a helmet too. That is a good, because then other kids will do it, maybe it will become like snowboarding where everybody use a helmet. I actually don't wear one but I'm thinking bump cap is a good option.