Search results

1. L

2. L

Vintage Surfer Magazines

60s in wrapper, wow. I'd love to take a look if you can post a pic. I collect them and I'd be interested if you want to sell.
  3. L

Vintage Surfer Magazines

Some very cool finds on eBay lately...
  4. L

What to do with a stack of Surfer's Journals

I can take them if you're gifting them. I'm a long time collector of surf print media dating all the way back to the 70s. I'm in LA but can meet you anywhere in Socal. And as others have said, this is very generous of you!
  5. L

Who Here Has Had COVID?

Had it in May after returning from a trip abroad. One day of fever and 2-3 of very severe sore throat. No jabs. I did the FLCC protocol (Ivermectin [prescribed not the animal kine lol], zinc, vitamin C & D). Felt fine in about 4 days. No lingering symptoms.
  6. L

El Salvador

La Punta has noticeably more power than uppers and breaks harder from what I've seen. Even on the bad days.
  7. L

El Salvador

Nicaragua was better in my experience. Granted, it all depends on the waves you're looking to ride and conditions.
  8. L

El Salvador recs

This! I gave a ride to an old lady around K59 and I was like, "Señora, lets go surfing instead!" Hilariously, she said "Ok, vamos" so we ended up at K59 watching blown out surf and drinking coconuts lol.
  9. L

El Salvador recs

Well, I'm here now. I see the concerns re a motorcycle. The roads are windy and way busier than Nica. It's also been raining a lot. I rented one in Nica with no issues as the roads are smaller and without traffic between Colorados and Popoyo but opted for a car here. Surf's been terrible lol...
  10. L

Did you score this morning?

What fins are you using? Did you go for small size? I rode it as a quad with mediums, it was great in barrels but not so much for turns.
  11. L

Breathholding contest in La Jolla?

No, quite the opposite. False cracks is more of a surprise punch to the face.
  12. L

El Salvador recs

Hello fellow ocean dwellers. I want to go down to El Sal to check it out for a week or so. I found a nice airbnb in El Sunzal for a good price. My plan is to rent a motorcycle with racks and explore the coast. Boardwise, I'm taking a daily driver shortboard and a fish. Thinking to leave the...
  13. L

Semi-gun advice for larger beach breaks

Thanks! I have since picked up a 6'0' ghost. Took it to Nicaragua and I was surprised with the size of wave it can paddle into.
  14. L

RFC Speed Dialer fins (FCS)

Those are nice, got a set in futures.
  15. L

Futures F4 Blackstix for sale, size S - $90

Like new, surfed under 10 times. Will post pics later. Price includes shipping.
  16. L

Looking for Wasabi fcs to futures adapter

Can't seem to find one. Anyone have one for sale?
  17. L

Looking for Wasabi FCS to Futures Adapter

Anyone have a thruster set to sell? Can't find them anywhere.
  18. L

Salina Cruz recs?

Looking to get away for a few days and score some decent waves. Any tips/recs on the Salina Cruz and/or the surrounding area? Should I rent a car, where to stay etc? This will be a solo mission.
  19. L

Futures fin too loose in socket

Kind of a kooky question, I got a set of futures and the back fin seems to be sitting too loose in the socket. I tried it on a couple of different boards so I know it's a fin issue and not a socket issue. Not sure if the screw will keep it secure. Anyone else come across this issue and how did...