Search results

1. Sam_K

5'8 Will's Fish - Varial - Available in Bali till July 2024

I live in Bali so if you're thinking: I love that board but I won't be there for 7 months, that's cool. I'll be here till July 2024. Selling it because I will be leaving Bali next year and need to gradually sell my boards. Also, to be honest 5'8 is just too short for me. Will never go below...
  2. Sam_K

The new Christenson Wolverine

I don't know what it is, I'm assuming a twin fin, but I want one. It looks like a very fun outline. Maybe in two or three weeks Christenson will deign to bestow upon us a description, and perhaps even a picture of the back of the board if we're lucky...
  3. Sam_K

6'1 Varial Album Insanity - 34 liters - Only Available in Bali

6'1 x 19 7/8 x 2 1/2 gives it about 34 liters Epoxy resin glassed 646. Has the usual Varial pressure dents but never had a repair. I live in Bali so the board is here long term. If it sells, or if I move, I'll update this post. If you're reading these words then yes, it's still available...
  4. Sam_K

SOLD-- New & Never Waxed 6'3 Pyzel Ghost - Varial - Pickup in NYC or *Bali*

Went overboard on the Yolo and I have a 6'3 Varial Ghost (stock dims) that I probably don't need. Would be happy to sell it for a reasonable price. Perfect condition, never waxed, etc. It's in storage right now so I don't have a picture, but I could take pics when I get it out of the garage in a...
  5. Sam_K

Favorite Twin + Trailer setup for larger waves?

Title really says it all. I've got lots of great twins, but it seems harder to find a twin + trailer setup that works for larger waves. Just throwing in a trailer with regular twins often feels too stiff to me. Could anyone give me a recommendation for your favorite setup? In the market for...
  6. Sam_K

If you were going to buy a bit of land and build a surf shack in Mexico...

Where would be your first choice? I've never been to Mexico but I have longer term plans of buying a pickup truck and maybe touring around for a few months, scouting out places to maybe get a bit of land. Obviously in areas where I won't get into trouble, but I reckon most of the country is safe...
  7. Sam_K

5'9 Dark Arts Album Sunstone - NYC/NJ Area - Great Condition

Super nice board, not an easy decision to sell this one. I bought it directly from Album for $1,200 plus $150 shipping or so. Leh Sunstone is "lightly used" according to Album and that seems to be about right. Some very light pressure dents on the deck. No dings or repairs. Does have some marks...
  8. Sam_K

Futures SuperBrand Fins - Set of 5 - Small/Medium size - Brand New + FREE Trackpad

Brand new set of 5 futures fins. Between small and medium sized. Never been in a surfboard Just got a new JS and it came with a trackpad which I don't need so I'll throw that in for free. Make me an offer for the price, no reasonable offer will be rejected, + $5 for shipping anywhere to the...
  9. Sam_K

Anyone Selling a Dark Arts or Varial Carbon Wrap?

I'm curious to feel what a carbon wrap board feels like. Also, I want to make everyone around me insanely jealous, obviously. Is there anyone selling any DA board? Or varial carbon wrap? I'm not a picky man. Minimum 33 liters to maximum... 40 or 45 I guess? Basically any shape. I would...
  10. Sam_K

Does carbon fiber along the stringer actually make your board less likely to snap?

I usually pay the extra $20 or so to get a line of carbon fiber along the back of my board, but I don't actually know whether it makes any difference :rolleyes: Basically the only reason I think it might matter is that I've seen some of Ian Walsh's guns and they have super wide carbon fiber...
  11. Sam_K

Sizing a Board for 3x OH - How Big is too Big?

I'm aware that by asking a question about board sizing in 3x oh the obvious response is; if you have to ask, you shouldn't be going out. I get that. But let's assume I'm mentally and physically ready for this. I have a very hefty 8'6 Christenson Carrera and my intuition is that this is plenty...
  12. Sam_K

Need to Buy 2 Indestructible Boards: What do You Choose?

I live in Indo, the land of surf. You can buy almost anything here except uber, ultra-high quality boards. I'm coming back to America for a visit in April and I want to pick up 2 boards, a HPSB and a Step Up that will as close to unbreakable as it's possible to get. I've narrowed it down to...