Search results

1. Y

Treasure island?

Treasure Island in the banyaks?
  2. Y

Pyzel Precious

Ride Report I was able to take a stock 5'9 (30.8L) Precious for a spin yesterday in the points north of SC. I'm 180-185lbs and 6'0. I'm in pretty good shape as my local is OBSF, and I just came back from a couple weeks in Hawaii. Conditions were chest-high to a few feet over head, not overly...
  3. Y

ZIPPER - by STAB

Yeah I went a few times when I was younger (I was also a way worse surfer). I ended up surfing here on an old 7ft HaydenShapes mini-gun, as it was the only board I could get my hands on. I didn't have boards with me as I didn't think it would really pick up swell. Decently long paddle out and...
  4. Y

ZIPPER - by STAB

First section with Taro and Eithan is Cloud 9. I think they drive up to Pacifico for the 2nd part of that one (I've never been north in the island)
  5. Y

ZIPPER - by STAB

I've watched this and Maps to Nowhere today and would've never expected the Philippines to be featured in both haha
  6. Y

Pyzel Precious

Picked up a stock 5'9 yesterday, stocked to get it in the water on the weekend
  7. Y

Fiji Airways Board Bag Fees

Man echoing what everyone else is saying. So jealous and looks like with that swell all the waves in that area will be working! I was there in November and Cloudbreak got a massive swell, guys out on 7'6's and a tow team out. I went to Swimming pools on a 6'2 Ghost and got OH+ to DOH waves to...
  8. Y

Mizata El Salvador with the wife?

Bring the Bom Dia! I'm bringing mine when we go down in July. Last trip to El Zonte I mainly surfed a varial CI Pro. Kind of a mistake bc I definitely did not need that much rocker (even on the bigger days - it got almost double overhead for a few days). It was very responsive and turned on a...
  9. Y

Maldives, worth it?

Any of you guys hit the Maldives in Sept/Oct? If so how was it? Thinking of going there for our honeymoon. We've already done Fiji, Indo a bunch of times. She's mostly a longboarder, and had a tougher time when it got bigger when we were in the playgrounds area (Ments).
  10. Y

Anybody ever rent a car from Turo?

Had a bad experience renting a Turo. Told my gf we shouldnt use them bc you are dealing with an individual instead of a company that specializes in rental cars. Scuffed the front bumper in a snowbank (VERY minimal). The guy then reports it saying it was a collision (scrape was less than two...
  11. Y

If I were a rich Canadian

Weekdays are usually not as busy. I always could get maybe 30-40mins by myself even on weekends, but I would have to be in the water right before the sun came up
  12. Y

If I were a rich Canadian

I guess its the trade-off of time vs. chance of scoring for the hike-in spots. Most of the time I wouldn't have the time to hike into spots, even though I know there would be a good chance of them working. Having a boat in Tofino would be so so good though. Lots of good spots that have no road...
  13. Y

Pyzel Ghost?

Stock 6'2 and I'm 6'0 180lbs. The extra foam is helpful at my local (OBSF).
  14. Y

Album Surfboards

Got the Bom Dia out in solid OH+ point waves yesterday. Felt super connected to the board and was able to throw way more spray than I usually do, mostly because of some changes I made over the holidays to my technique. Spent the winter holidays in Aus/NZ on a family trip. Had the worst luck of...
  15. Y

Kauai April - Airline?

United charges the same price as a checked bag for flights to and from California ($35) I think its worth it to bring a board. There are a bunch of waves in the area from Brenneckes to Shipwreck. Its usually not super big there unless there's a big S swell pushing through. Also there could be...
  16. Y

Album Surfboards

Yup! The shop near me has some and they are about the same price as a pyzel padillac in the same size.
  17. Y

Album Surfboards

Yea OBSF its partly wave size, partly longshore current. Last week there were a string of days with a super quick outgoing tide. Ended up getting out 6 blocks south of where I paddled out :toilet:
  18. Y

Album Surfboards

I usually think 8'0 is a threshold for gun v mini-gun. My local is OBSF so lots of big boards being ridden around here
  19. Y

Album Surfboards

Thinking of picking up one of the Bom Dia mini guns (7'4). They look super sick, but also hesitant to buy a big wave shape that is not battled tested. Big fan of the beak nose on boards meant for large surf. I have a 5'10 Bom Dia in dark arts and love it
  20. Y

Album Surfboards

Reminds me I need to sand down my set too!