Search results

1. L

Long COVID

Haven't been on here for a while due to not surfing for the last year. Anyone else's surfing suffering due to Long COVID symptoms? I'm about 13 months in and have only been able to surf a handful of times starting last month. My symptoms are similar to chronic fatigue syndrome, varying levels...
  2. L

Why Do We Have A Politics Section?

Seriously. If people want to talk politics can't they just go to a political forum? Why is it here and can't we just all agree to remove it?
  3. L

Rusty Salsa Design Chat

Rusty seemed uninterested, but I appreciate Noel pushing him for little gems of wisdom.
  4. L

Switch Stance?

Anybody ever try to do it with success? I've been thinking about giving it a concerted effort. Odd thing for me is that I'm left footed, right handed, but surf regular for some reason. Used to skate goofy, then switched to regular. Wondering if I might have any success surfing goofy if I...
  5. L

Best design for duck diving?

OBSF is the only place I've been rejected on paddle outs. This dude has way more tenacity than I can muster any longer. Impressive, but maybe I just need a better duck diving board? Volume back, high entry rocker, with a touch of rolled spiral vee?
  6. L

Wood Stringers

With so many alternatives now, what's the point?
  7. L

Kaua'i Podcast - Max Medeiros

Been listening to the surf splendor podcast that had a whole series on people from Kaua'i for those interested. Highlight so far for me is an interview with Max, a local legend in surfing and just a wonderful human. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/surf-splendor/id677929014?i=1000470265750
  8. L

Technique and Coaching

Any experience on focusing on technique and getting coached out there? Always found it odd that although surfing is a highly technical activity to get good at, focusing on technique and getting a coach is not really a thing. At least in the US unless you're a kid looking to be competitive and...
  9. L

Front foot traction convert – Will I be banned from the erBB?

Dear erBB council of elders, the ultimate authority on acceptable surf gear: I am a recent convert to front foot traction, please do not discontinue my account and ban me from the board! A little backstory. Ever since I moved from a tropical locale to one that requires a 4/3 all year round...
  10. L

Futures Blackstix Review

Here’s a quick review on my experience with Futures F8 Blackstix. First off, I am 195 pounds and have used these in my HS Untitled in various beachbreaks (mostly OBSF) for over a year now. Initially I absolutely loved these fins. They literally felt like being launched by a slingshot and I...
  11. L

What makes a board yellow?

Is it the resin or blank or both? All my pu/pe boards have yellowed some, but it seems to be rather slowly and mostly based on exposure to the sun. My 6 month XTR 8.0 has already started to yellow, way faster than any pu I've had. They say 8.0 uses a nonyellowing epoxy resin. Is it the blank...
  12. L

Futures New Jordy Fins - What's the diff?

So last year I got the old Jordy fins (L) and like them. Now Jordy says he didn't even like his old template and created a new one ($$) that seems very similar to the AM2s and his old template as well. For anyone who knows, what's the difference between all of these templates? Can't I just put...