Search results

1. L

Long COVID

Thanks to most of you (not all!). I guess a good general question for everyone is what would you do if you could only surf in a limited capacity and it made you feel really tired after? Let's say a couple short sessions a month in small waves. Better to take what you can get or walk away at...
  2. L

Long COVID

Haven't been on here for a while due to not surfing for the last year. Anyone else's surfing suffering due to Long COVID symptoms? I'm about 13 months in and have only been able to surf a handful of times starting last month. My symptoms are similar to chronic fatigue syndrome, varying levels...
  3. L

Why Do We Have A Politics Section?

Maybe we can start a religion section too? That can't be worse than having a political one.:cry:
  4. L

Can't we remove the section and ban politics in the general discussion? Is this a tail wagging the dog situation? Heck we banned Nightly Nugget but can't ban politics? Where's our priorities here?
  5. L

Seriously. If people want to talk politics can't they just go to a political forum? Why is it here and can't we just all agree to remove it?
  6. L

Epoxy Step-Ups and Mini-Guns???

Totally fine with the heavier eps and thicker glass. I have a HS stringerless semi stepup eps and it feels great. I also have a Pyzel stringerless XTR stepup that you might consider too. XTR foam feels denser than eps. Adding a stringer will make it feel more like pu. I heard Nathan Florence...
  7. L

*** Official Outerknown Tahiti Pro Contest Thread ***

Well maybe the Tahitians don't care either way, who knows? Maybe it's just a nickname to them and not seen as disrespect? One example of this happening in the US is Lake Tahoe which is a mispronunciation of the Washoe name of the place for thousands of years, Daow. The Washoe still refer to it...
  8. L

It sounds like there is a simple explanation here. Cho poo is common slang to refer to the spot but not the correct Tahitian language pronunciation. Cho poo was probably started as a mispronunciation by non-Tahitians, a very common thing in colonized places. I actually commend the WSL for...
  9. L

According to this article: "The correct spelling is "Teahupo'o," and it should be pronounced correctly as "tear-hoo-poh-oh." If you can't say it, avoid the common alternatives "cho-poo" or "chopes" - the Polynesians don't have the "ch" sound."...
  10. L

Well I don't know how it's pronounced in the Tahitian language, but that's how it should be out of respect for their language.
  11. L

I I don't think it ever was in Tahitian.
  12. L

How many sessions do you give a new board

Unless I'm trying some really different dims or design, the question is really about how versatile vs specialized the board is for me. Some boards just go well in all conditions with all fins. Others need specific conditions with well matched fins to work well, and that's OK once I figure that...
  13. L

Front and back traction - no wax?

I do the same with wax where hands go. Great minds!
  14. L

Pros who were "Cancelled"

I’ve often wondered what all South African surfers' history/engagement was with the apartheid. Too bad we don’t have any actual surfing journalism that would cover this type of thing.
  15. L

Worlds Greatest Free-Surf Coach

I loved that. Always felt the free surfing thing is quite the scam.
  16. L

Broccoli twin test

Actually watching this sums up my experience with twins perfectly. So much easy speed, so much fun, but can't pull a decent top turn or cutback to save my life. Mikey Ciaramello seems to have the same experience in his twin reviews.
  17. L

Broccoli twin test

I like Noel's breakdown and more analytical approach. Just wish he surfed at different places.
  18. L

all black boards

I've got a black future flex with black front traction in Norcal. It looks great and it will never see the sun. :)