Search results

1. L

My first pilgrimage to Mecca

Well I’ve booked 2 weeks at The Shadow. Cheers to Santacruzin for the recco(y)
  2. L

I’m on my way.
  3. L

I’m a middle aged wanna be hack. I surf OK, but not much better than that. I’m looking for makeable barrels < DOH. Crowded is a relative term, but generally I’m able to find waves. Of course less is more.
  4. L

Can anyone comment on the timing of mid/late September for the playgrounds area or ments in general?
  5. L

Twinzer Feedback?

That’s great, cheers. I have a slightly tuned 6’3 hp coming, but also have too many thruster short boards kicking around and will need to thin the herd.
  6. L

Twinzer Feedback?

What size is you hp, and what size would your step up normally be?
  7. L

Killer feedback, much thanks! What time of year were you there? Thoughts on September? And how much time did you spend on boats vs surfing the local waves? I was recently in Nicaragua, and loved the boat trips to different breaks, but very much appreciated the times I was able to see a wave...
  8. L

Have you stayed at Shadow? It’s on my radar…
  9. L

Anyone have experience with Telos Surfing Village? Have a connection there, but need to be the right place still.
  10. L

Will read your report. Playgrounds looks good
  11. L

I’m sure it’s understood that this Hajj will be performed in Indo. I finally will be pulling the trigger. Boat vs camp? Specific recs? Potential for this autumn, maybe next. I have reasonable funds available, somewhat limited time (10-14 days), and an eagerness that is bolstered by a mid...
  12. L

Nicaragua contra Mexico

Thanks! Boards are packed and we’re ready to rock! Be there on Thursday. First time in ‘ragua, stoked!
  13. L

panda shiitake HP

Canards are FCS, mains are either FCS or futures, same template.
  14. L

panda shiitake HP

I’m just getting Blake to set me up with fins he reccos.
  15. L

panda shiitake HP

I’m in the process of ordering a shittake and the shaper Blake’s distinction between the two is that the OG is essentially a mid length feel and the HP is more of a short board feel. He rides a 5’10 short board, and a 6’6 OG, and rides a 5’10 and 6’2 HP. Reckons the OG should be ridden longer...
  16. L

Nicaragua contra Mexico

Awesome thanks!
  17. L

Nicaragua contra Mexico

Leaving in less than a week. Swell has been pretty consistent 2-3 @ 14-18 sw. What am I looking at for conditions if this holds true? Bringing two of: 5’10 Neckbeard 2, 6’0 Timmy P Stoked, 6’1 Lost Sabotaj (the only caveat with the sabotaj is that it was recently repaired for a buckle and I...
  18. L

Reality check

Fear can be an excellent motivator, but in this case the shaper actually suggested going down to 19.75 from my initial 20. Now that I think of it, he has yet to mention the word “rip”…
  19. L

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

Agreed. I’ve done 2.5 hours in 48* water this winter in my feral 6mm, but only when not a biting wind (and I get cold easy). That suit would be my gold standard if it had smooth skin chest and back, and some better seam sealing. Heck it’s kind of my gold standard as is.
  20. L

Reality check

Working with Blake on a custom Shittake HP. Leaning towards 6’3” x 19.75 x 2.? 34L, keeping rails fairly lean. Remember this is to be a “soft wave step up”. Since we all know more than an established shaper, say ye?