Search results

1. G

Pyzel Ghost?

JJF futures techflex mediums.
  2. G

Pyzel Ghost?

3 surfs today, 5ft@15 sec, nicely overhead sets, middle session with some texture from a breeze, on my ghost. I suck, but I love this board. It somehow makes me a better surfer than I am. Just had to bump this thread with this, still buzzing, lol. Go Get One!
  3. G

Wetsuit Zipper Repair

Can confirm that this fixnzip works. Replaced the pull on a still functioning wetsuit, and slid and locked the zipper better than the original…at least just before it busted (Isurus 6/5).
  4. G

Album Surfboards

Albums are made in Mexico? I guess everyone here that has one that hates FW will be selling theirs? ps looking for a 5’7-5’8 twinsman…
  5. G

Darks Arts EPS and Carbon Fiber Surfboards

Anyone have any feedback on dad bods, in particular the 2.0 with the swallow tail? Thanks!
  6. G

Can we talk about Nex Benedict?

Haha, don’t stick a fking needle in it, google mucous or myxoid cyst. Your welcome.
  7. G

Help me decide on a board

Any updates to this comparison? Looking at these two also. Thanks
  8. G

Pyzel Ghost?

My ghost is now the point of reference for any other board I get in the future…lol.
  9. G

Pyzel Precious

Will buy, any plan for this in a dark arts I wonder?
  10. G

Pyzalien 2

Awesome. Thanks for the replies. I guess I should add, I’m in a 6/5 with thick boots and gloves. But what you’re saying is consistent with the pyzel website too. :shaka:
  11. G

Pyzalien 2

It seems most size this similar to their height or a wee bit more. Would most agree for an average surfer, about your height for waves not quite there for your ghost, but decent, up to a bit OH waves? Same length as your ghost?(or equivalent good wave shortboard) Thanks. Happy new year!
  12. G

Meniscus tear experience

Complex tear posterior medial meniscus, surfaces superiorly and inferiorly, in the thicker part of the meniscus. Saw a surgeon and he said too ragged to repair. Have looked at the literature, no consensus. Happened a year ago, back leg.Wasn’t able to surf well for 4 months, but when able...
  13. G

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

I have both otr and custom made wetsuits. I also have ST and MT sizes. Some seem to go on easy, and others more tight, ie, more difficult to get on/off, but not necessarily warmer or allow less mobility. All 6/5 or 5/4’s. I’m wondering if anyone has an idea just how tight a suit should feel for...
  14. G

Any specifics why it’s so good? What other suits have you had recently, and how is this one better? Size and your dims? Temps you use it in? Thanks. Was looking at these and of course they are in the upper end for price and hard to find deals. Perhaps because they are so good? Cheers.
  15. G

Anyone with an opinion on Manera/Manure wetsuits? Non Yulex ones? Looking at the 6/4, wondering about fit and durability specifically? I know it will be stiff at that thickness. Have seen mixed reports. Thanks.
  16. G

Album Surfboards

I know what you’re saying, but I remember a podcast where apparently Dane Reynolds told Clayton N that he wanted a “slow” board to do a comp. And depending on skill level, a board can be too much. I’ve experienced this as a resident kook at the break. Imho.
  17. G

Um…The Surf Banana…

If I ever have to put on a cold, damp wetsuit again, I’m going to go buy another wetsuit. It’s like wearing socks until they get sticky…and then using them one more time. Nope.
  18. G

Surf dad support thread

When you get kids, 2 things: 1. Days are long, but the years are short 2. Suffer now or suffer later First is self explanatory, but second means sacrifice now or suffer later. Do what it takes to have a solid relationship with your kids, and take some of the great advice in this thread about...
  19. G

Warmest hooded full suit and favorite winter gear

canada/PNW I use these when waves are good. Use all winter. Want to preserve them. Mitts or lobsters otherwise. I cannot say they are warmer than mitts, but they are warm enough, ie hands not numb, and I run cold. Likely the mitts are warmer overall, but of course, a pita comparatively.
  20. G

Warmest hooded full suit and favorite winter gear

Isurus 3mm gloves. Easily the best, warmest, driest gloves I’ve ever used. Will use these even before 7mm lobsters or mitts. Amazing. Xcel 7mm drylocks. Half sizes. Fit like a second skin. Warm and dry. New favourites. Isurus 6/5 still at the top, but Xcel drylock 6/5 and 7till8 6/5 closed the...