Search results

1. B

Sprinter Van Owners

That sprinter didn't look happy on these rocks, would have gone so easy with less air in the tyres! That's our little one after a deep bog hole, with a foldable queen bed and storage for 4 boards +heaps of gear. I don't think you canget these L400 serie 2 yet in the US but they're beasts.
  2. B

Tomo MPH

Do it, you'd be surprised! The first tomo I tried was a gift for an intermediate friend, 5'10 evo (my evo now is 5'2). I tried it as a joke on a gutless day and it was amazing. My mate couldn't believe the turns I was making, tried it and was amazed too. And my intermediate friend has been...
  3. B

Mayhem Beach Buggy 2

Had one for a year, was a blast. They're hard to find though, and not really marketed. The hip+Flip makes it really responsive, but it does tend to break free touch too easy at the end of a cutback/carve. It was sick, ended up riding it a lot 2-5ft, but broke right in front of the fins ...
  4. B

Most User Friendly HPSP?

Might have been a series of boards? I've seen people that really clicked with it. I still remember my top dog, a chilli spawn that just couldn't hold a rail. Though it was me, gave it to a mate, he found it "the shittiest thing he had ever tried". But might have been that one board, because...
  5. B

Tomo MPH

I work 7-3 in Oz and surf in the arvos, and I completely agree with that! I've had my hand on a couple old chilli Xtrs steps ups but none survived more than two surfs. My evo in lft is as good as any PU though even with lots of texture, it's quite impressive for such a light board. Might be...
  6. B

Surf Equipment Failure Thread

Same! They were just terrible, couldn't have any trust in them.
  7. B

Kai Lenny & Mink Systems Finlets

Thanks for the share, but that article is a joke indeed. I'm not saying it won't affect the ride at all (you're adding small fins all the way to the back) but the explanation given is garbage at best. And might be a placebo effect because he finds them cool? If it cures people, it may improve...
  8. B

Kai Lenny & Mink Systems Finlets

I get it, Kai's good, but he's also paid to say he likes them. And in some of the footage it appears that he doesn't even have it on. It probably act as a bit of a channel, without the foam removal. Edit: forgot some words
  9. B

Tomo MPH

Yeah, you're looking at 900AUD for a firewire evo on most websites - hard to come by in LFT though. around 700-800 on sale in a shop if you were to come by the size you chase - and unless you're a big dude you're kinda doomed. Around 1200 for a custom tomo... you start seeing very few of the new...
  10. B

Tomo MPH

You don't like the helium ? Beaten up stock LFT too, which is the only thing you can find in Oz really... and even then only when searching for a while. If you're really lucky sometimes there's a few of Stu's custom LFT in circulation but that's it.
  11. B

Tomo MPH

Cheers mate, I didn't even consider the 5'4 because I'd thought it would feel too big ! I'll see if I can find one.
  12. B

Tomo MPH

I'm 155 and the 5'2 is my go to in small surf, with rakey thruster fins bc only futures I got. My mates all tried it and all found it a super fast cheater board, from anything above knee high. I reckon 5'1 would do it in better surf but at my weight the outstanding paddle and turns when my foot...
  13. B

Twin Fish

As Aruka says, the mini twin is a good start, but they look like a pain to surf backside. Else any short keel twin with flat entry, bit of kick, K2 fins Toed in almost like a shortboard will tend to behave like that. I'd say flat bottom but that's more a feeling thing.