Search results

1. JeffRSpicoli

411 on this Curve board bag???

Anyone familiar with this bag? Price point is pretty good for wheeled 3/4 boards, no listing of weight, which is what I am after, emailed them no word back yet, and I thought I read/heard somewhere that silver bags were now prohibited in some places???-maybe that was in a dream or something...
  2. JeffRSpicoli

No Squash Tail in the Quiver

Is it a crime that I've got no squash tail boards in the quiver: swallow tails[my favorite] , round tail, pin tail. Thinking of adding a squash and eyeballing an OTR Rusty What? for an upcoming trip, but the quiver decisions are already making me mental. Thoughts...
  3. JeffRSpicoli

Three weeks & Four Boards: How much wax would you bring?

I'm an over packer [don't get dirty], better to have more than less on a surf trip in my mind. Got a trip coming up will be water bound for about 20 days, bringing four boards. -how much wax would you bring?
  4. JeffRSpicoli

Panda Cicada

Just getting itchy for a new board, the shiitake caught my eye for a while, shiitake hp, not bad looking too, but cicada looks a bit dreamy, anyone ridden/have it?
  5. JeffRSpicoli

Backrooms….not that you dirty bird

Got this Backroom stuff pushed at me on youtube, wtf, some pretty interesting stuff, some are better than others Just one example
  6. JeffRSpicoli

Padillac = Solid

Great day on the Padillac, only second time on it, really good, solid ground swell for my area, beach break, water moving, incoming tide, 6’-8’ faces, man this board is pure confidence. Got the big ones as the HPSB fellows were mostly under gunned. -the board you don’t want to have, since you...
  7. JeffRSpicoli

Ryan Sakal Convoy: YOLO?

Anyone got any info on this board...if it were full price wouldn't bother, but ~half priced. -Could be a bit overvolumed for me, but lots of rubber in the winter https://www.realwatersports.com/collections/sale-surfboards/products/ryan-sakal-convoy-pu-poly-68
  8. JeffRSpicoli

Surfboard: from love to hate.

Well hate may be too strong a word, but has anyone else experienced having a board that you love, many really great, memorable rides on it, put it aside rotating through the quiver, bring it back out and man the board just does not feel right; like I really liked this board?!?! -just...
  9. JeffRSpicoli

Nose Guard

Does anyone still use this? Back in the 90's was an "in" thing, but from a safety standpoint not terrible idea still. -as you get older and just reading about Mikala, and a recent nose to my face incident, any safety measures, like why not, and yes I bought a helmet, haven't tried it yet...
  10. JeffRSpicoli

Dakine "Easy Clip"

Curious if any knows how to attach the quick release aka "Easy Clip" on the Dakine leash. I am assuming you remove the grub screw and then push the clip through? Seems a little odd that there are no instructions/it comes installed, but whatever and with hat in hand I reach out to the kind...
  11. JeffRSpicoli

Step Up Mentawai

When in doubt always reach out to the er'bb. Pulled the trigger, Kandui next year, quiver is great except that real step up for that 'one' wave. - I mean I have boards that I think would handle all of it, but yes I am sitting here on my keyboard and the feedback from the Kandui guys is get...
  12. JeffRSpicoli

Fish: Surfboard Documentary

Maybe there is a thread on this, didn't find it, but great documentary, worth renting or buying, great historical account. :shaka:
  13. JeffRSpicoli

Space Ice You Tube funny stuff

Need a laugh, this guys mockery of Segal is great
  14. JeffRSpicoli

Odd Question for the Board: Any Coin Collectors Here?

Just acquired a pretty sizable stash of coins, was wondering if anyone here is into to this, I have been forced to learn a ton, but what an opaque industry.
  15. JeffRSpicoli

Wetsuit Dryer...worth it

I diligently searched the board, for all of five seconds, and didn't see anything on this topic. After a gnarly case of folliculitis post surf session, went on a hunt to improve my wetsuit clean protocols, which have been good, but I think the issue I had was on the "get the suit dry side of...
  16. JeffRSpicoli

Folliculitis

Just some knowledge. Pulled out the 4/3 wetsuit as temps are dropping, surfed for a few hours on Thursday. Friday afternoon getting out of the shower and holy shxt notice that I am covered in red bumps, so disgusting...apparently the bacteria in my wetsuit caused this. Could have sworn I...
  17. JeffRSpicoli

Scratching/Covering Name from board?

Odd question, but in my earlier stages of building my quiver, unbeknownst to me, shapers added my full name to the dim box, I may be selling a couple of those boards, but would prefer to scratch my full name from the board, anyone have an easy/clean solution? -Sharpie won't be waterproof on...
  18. JeffRSpicoli

Help My Local Shop: Cinnamon Rainbows

Morning all, So there are only a few surf shops where I live, and the primary one has been destroyed by a fire that started in a restaurant next door. I went yesterday and scrubbed soot off of boards for a few hours, super saddening, the owner is like a zombie, you can just see the whole...
  19. JeffRSpicoli

Wax

Seems like we've exhausted our leash string thread, or have we.... so let's go with wax...I'm generally speaking a Zog's guy, but suddenly jumped on the Sister Betsey's bandwagon...FU, Mrs. Palmer's, FCS? Maybe these companies should offer companion leash strings!
  20. JeffRSpicoli

P-Pass Apr/May

On my travels over the years have met two different sets of guys that have been to P-Pass and couldn't say enough about it, just awesome. So I'm looking to push my surf buddies to go to P-Pass this upcoming year in our typical travel window of mid-April into late May. -we are all regular...