Search results

1. slipped_disc

AI

ChatGPT is like that really obnoxious coworker who speaks with tremendous confidence, but is totally wrong. Why can't it just say "I don't know".
  2. slipped_disc

The Skaters of the ERBB

3. slipped_disc

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

For the brand piece, I was speaking to the hardgoods side. At large, I still think it's more closed off. Surfing, on the other hand, aspires to be mainstream. That's the goal of the WSL. Despite that, it's still a major part of surf culture. Every outlet covers the contest — often with a ton of...
  4. slipped_disc

Ya, I believe he is an owner along with a few other people. It's news to me that it sold.
  5. slipped_disc

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

The points are pretty compressed among the top 5. Anyone's game which is exciting. Griff looks like he could do it across the board.
  6. slipped_disc

The Great Rewiring……

Think of all the sh!t we could all do if we didn’t spend hours on here every week.
  7. slipped_disc

I wouldn't count woodshops or as a skatebrand. More like a supplier. Girl is under the umbrella of crailtap (Chocolate, Royal, Lakai, 4-star, etc.). I didn't know they were purchased by someone. Generally speaking, my point is that I think skateboard culture is way more closed off to outsiders...
  8. slipped_disc

What brand of significance is owned by a non-skater? Skateboarding has a shitload of gatekeepers. Diverse, yes. But very closed off to outsiders at its core.
  9. slipped_disc

No clue on the participation numbers. On the brand side, the giant shoe corporations have more or less pushed out all of the core shoe companies. And on the flip side, there are more small companies making decks than ever before.
  10. slipped_disc

Skateboarding has it all. Bigger, broader talent pool from all over the world. Everything from bro-brahs to effeminate art-school types to inner city kids. Part of its appeal I think.
  11. slipped_disc

AI

I just tried using ChatGPT to find a movie quote (“y’all are a bunch of goddamn fools”. I want to say it’s Samuel L Jackson, but can’t recall. at any rate, at first it said it was from Walter in the Big Lebowski, which sounded odd. When I told chatGPT I didn’t think that was correct, it...
  12. slipped_disc

I don’t know if this is the future so much as a throwback. Donovan’s opening wave in Hit and Run. … any excuse to post Donovan shredding is a good one in my book.
  13. slipped_disc

With this years sh!t waves, it’s crazy that the highest ranked Brazilian is sitting in 16th.
  14. slipped_disc

Santa Barbara…Neo-Nazi Stronghold!

Is gbg an undercover agent? I know that guy owns some khakis.
  15. slipped_disc

Hitler, Trump, and the Big Lie

Well, believe it or not. I agree with you on the first two points so far as that media manipulation and slandering is real. But I think it damages Both sides. Case in point: the disinformation about Biden. Or look at Hillary in 2016. For point 4, I think it was investigated over and over again...
  16. slipped_disc

Santa Barbara…Neo-Nazi Stronghold!

Good trolling.
  17. slipped_disc

In the mean time, what are the reasons the election was a sham in your eyes. You said there were multiple reasons. And it seems everyone here wants to hear them.
  18. slipped_disc

I’m stubborn enough to keep trying.
  19. slipped_disc

The angle he took going into that 8.4 was insane. He was practically pointed at 11 o’clock before he started it.
  20. slipped_disc

I know your response was directed at someone else, but… Come on man. You’re the one not answering a simple question: what are the reasons the election was rigged? every single court has shut down trump’s claims of voter fraud. So what else could it be? re: the Russian disinformation, I don’t...