Search results

1. M

*** Official Western Australia Margaret River Pro Contest Thread ***

You could cut the men's lineup in half again and I still wouldn't care.
  2. M

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

Altamont Capital made an investment into Crailtap back in 2015 (Same investment group that owned Dakine and Billabong at one point). Wasn't that big a deal since similar investments were becoming more common and nobody really cared much about Crail brands by that point anyway. Rick, Carrol...
  3. M

Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

Every major skate shoe brand? Or am I misunderstanding the premise? Still took Nike two tries to finally get their foot in the door though, so your point about being closed off to outsiders at its core is still fairly accurate.
  4. M

****Official Board Bag Fees Thread*****

American is making a policy change: for travel on / after April 17, 2024, the maximum linear size (length + width + height) is 115 in / 292 cm [was 126 in]. No change in fees.
  5. M

***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Haven't done it with a CI Mid specifically, but I'd think a Skip or Lovelace vBowls would be good places to start.
  6. M

The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

If we're flexing suit hangers now... https://c-monsta.com/en-us/products/c-monsta-wetsuit-hanger-v2-us
  7. M

Potential Move to Puerto Rico

@GromsDad Depending on the overall dimensions, your 7' bag might be ok on United: https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/baggage/sports-equipment.html Cost will depend on if you're paying for baggage in advance or at the gate, and potentially on the flight. Usually the first checked bag is $30...
  8. M

Potential Move to Puerto Rico

United still flying direct to BQN out of Newark, JetBlue direct to BQN out of JFK, if either are options for you.
  9. M

I use it (and probably need it) on my 2:2, but I've realized that I probably should have gone MT instead of L on that. I use it but probably don't need to with my Ferals (MT). Anyway, on a $700 suit in 40 degree water, I wasn't going to get it wet to find out.
  10. M

I had a new suit from them a few years ago with the cinch issue that I tried to get them to either repair or replace. After a couple months of getting ghosted on emails and a couple of "oh sorry we've been so busy pandemic we'll totally set up the RMA" phone conversations that went nowhere, I...
  11. M

Not sure where in the NE you are, but Drift in RI and Maine Surfer's Union in ME sell Axxe customs (they have samples, take your measurements, etc.).
  12. M

Sure, and if you were looking at it in terms of only using what's warmest, you'd just make the whole suit smooth skin. Durability is a factor, though, like you mentioned. Also, with limestone neoprene not absorbing and retaining as much water as petro neoprene, the effect of evaporative cooling...
  13. M

Just drop the first number. Feral uses thicker neoprene in spots instead of the thermal lining, so their 5/4/3 is like a warmer and lighter version of a fuzzy-lined non-Yammy 4/3. Same idea with the 6/5/4.
  14. M

Out of the brands you listed: Feral - no thermal liner (they have a whole design philosophy on why this isn't needed); smoothy on the hoods (again, design philosophy behind this) Isurus - thermal liner and smoothy panels Crooked - thermal liner, no smoothy panels Colby+ - no thermal liner...
  15. M

Tethering to something other than the rear foot

Could always go full chest harness like KK: https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/moments-might-last-full-send/170940
  16. M

WSL Tour Having Garbage Year

Basically Stab 100 then, only with better waves. I'd be all in on that.
  17. M

Had the same experience with them with the 543 I ended up getting from them. Will add that they were great about answering initial sizing questions as well. Suit itself is great so far, so really happy with them overall.
  18. M

Do not be surprised if getting that RA# becomes a major ordeal. I ordered a 4.3 CS from them in Oct. of last year that I wanted to send back b/c the cinch cord wouldn't hold (guess they still haven't fixed that issue despite clearly knowing about it). Requests via email and phone would get a "no...
  19. M

Warmest hooded full suit and favorite winter gear

Feral is doing a preorder for 3/2s and 4/3s for early Jan delivery. Other than that it seems like you need to be a really weird size and surf really cold water.