Search results

1. B

Surfing with Wing Foil

Once you start riding waves with the wing, you'll quit prone foiling and pray for wind everyday.
  2. B

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

I had that bottom one. Vertical tail wing was ground off by my buddy. Thing went well. But there's so much better stuff out there now. 2 yrs ago it was a different story.
  3. B

Foil Froth Fever

75kg I've done knee starts on longer/narrower boards in the 50-60L range. Hoping to try my 40L prone board and my 25L 3'10 I use for towing soon. Plenty of wind this weekend. We'll see how it goes!
  4. B

Foil Froth Fever

Yup I'm fully addicted to winging now. 4'9 x 24.5" board, 71L. I can barely stand on it when not moving, but knee starts are fairly easy. The other day I had a 2.5hr session, logged 23 miles on foil. And that was mostly riding waves. Find a wave, cruise onto it, luff the wing and surf the wave...
  5. B

Cheap Aliexpress Foil Review

Yup when I started I got a Chinese knockoff of a naish, second hand from a friend of a friend. It worked well for learning. But at the time there really wasn't a second hand market for foils. 2 years later there are heaps of really good foils used on Craigslist. You can save a few hundred for...
  6. B

Best foil for you.

30-40L 4'4 - 4'8 For most people. If you're really big or really small change the above accordingly.
  7. B

Best foil for you.

I haven't heard much feedback about the BSC wings yet, but yes that would be a good size for you or maybe the 1060 if you're in stronger waves. I'd recommend the short fuse to start. And the 400 or 390 tail. A lot of guys like the 1010 wing, which you might be able to find used. Either way...
  8. B

Armstrong riders experiences

1250 is way better than 1550. Never got to ride the 1050, but the guys I know that have both only ride the 1050.
  9. B

Best foil for you.

Sozzle, let's hear about that f-one phantom... you sell the armstrong?
  10. B

Best foil for you.

Haha hdip trying to sell me gear hours after I have knee surgery and still coming off anesthesia!
  11. B

Best foil for you.

Just go fast and turn more. From the videos I've been seeing looks like you guys have a giant slalom course! (And steamroller likes to hit the gates!)
  12. B

Foil Session Logs

just had my first tow experience yesterday... humbling, haha. Tried to use my normal prone board with just a front strap, but just couldn't get up. too much volume for a sinker start, and i think a little too wide for a wakeboard start. luckily my buddy brought his old school tow foil board...
  13. B

Wingfoil Harness Time?

I just made a belt with 2" webbing and used a da kine maniac hook. Works pretty good, but the belt could be a little bigger in the back for comfort. Good for going upwind as well as making crashes more spectacular when you can't get the line out of the hook!
  14. B

Foil Session Logs

Talking about how much difference a board makes, I had a shocker today. 3rd wave in a freak slow motion accident the nose of my buddies sup put a hole in the rail of my board. So I immediately paddle in and switch it out with the old old board I learned on. Wow! I couldn't do anything! Could...
  15. B

Let's Talk Foil Safety

Best advice I've seen!
  16. B

Best foil for you.

I'll test a downwind paddle board for ya too! I saw John John with one he had Pyzel make. It looked like a normal prone downwind paddle board but shrunk down to like a 5'2. Thing looked mean. But I guess John decided he didn't really need it and uses his regular foil board (just never falls)
  17. B

Foil Session Logs

Best advice for improving your pump, don't ride the wave. Get up on foil and immediately pull off wave, you'll be going your fastest so pumping will be easier. Once you get the rhythm down then you'll be able to ride the wave farther and pump back farther. (Also don't pump till you're well past...
  18. B

Foil Session Logs

Friend of a friend got the kujira. Loves it, but yea its sharp! He's already had to get stitches, and he said he only tapped it...
  19. B

Foil Session Logs

Unless I am changing wings or stab, I only ever mess with 2 screws with my axis gear. keep the wing/fuse put together, then all you gotta do is attach the mast. 2 screws. they are long though so a drill helps speed it up.
  20. B

Maui hookup / deal broker

Got a buddy who might be down. If so I'll send you his number